Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Muffin mix w/ applesauce and egg whites

I made Krusteaz blueberry muffins but substituted applesauce for oil and used egg whites instead of whole eggs. How on earth would I calculate the calories in a muffin? Any thoughts?

Replies

• aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Does the nutritional info give the mix only info?
  • sing1998
    sing1998 Posts: 38 Member
    yes. you have to take a few minutes to program the data in under "my recipes" and it will breakdown the calories for you.
  • rebecca_florida
    rebecca_florida Posts: 184 Member
    Take the nutrition information from package, then subtract the calories, fat, etc from the oil and the eggs the recipe called for, then add back the information for the applesauce and the egg whites you used instead. That should get you pretty close...

Were they good?
  • sing1998
    sing1998 Posts: 38 Member
    forgot to mention you go to your "food" page, then you'll find the "recipes" tab and it will allow you to calculate.
  • britfish
    britfish Posts: 4
    Awesome, thanks for the info on calculating a recipes. I'm only a week in to this so I am still learning! The muffins were awesome, I will definitely be changing the way I make muffins from now on!