Does 5 pounds made much of a difference on you?

Options
I am 5 '4", I think even 5 pounds makes a big difference on me. I took before pictures all different angles, and am going to take after pictures (in the same clothes and same mirror) after I lose 5 pounds to see what the "mirror says". Just wondered if others feel a lot different with 5 poundsl I guess the shorter the more you feel it. Anyhow, DOES anyone else have some good comparison pictures of just around 5 pounds???? I am looking for extra motivation to lose and keep off the "extra " 5-7 pounds that I seem to always keep on! (on my butt, hips, and thighs) LOSE it.....gain it back....over and over throughout the years. THANKS

Replies

• julie1011
    Options
    I am 5'2 and a half and 5 pounds makes a big difference on me. It is the difference between snug and fitting or fitting and lose on a lot of clothes. Or the difference in fat hanging over or not ewww.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    5'1".

5 lbs on me is 10 lbs on most everyone else.
  • missalicia78
    Options
    Height does make a difference. I'm 5'10" and I can have a 5 lb. fluctuation in a month and not even notice my clothing getting tighter or looser. Well...I guess it depends on what my beginning weight was. If I was already close to busting out of a size I'm sure I'd notice. ;) Anyway, no, I don't have any comparison pictures but I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is accurate; I would certainly think that you could see it in your face if anything.
  • AngieDee12
    AngieDee12 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nice to have know you see this too! It validates my feelings. I had a friend tell me I was "silly" that me gaining 5 pounds was nothing.... that in one day she could gainin that. (Yeah, in water weight...) But a consistent REAL 5...I SEE it!
  • AngieDee12
    Options
    Thanks for your input!!! Nice to be "related to"
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes you feel better is a good thing. I think the less you have to loose the more you notice it. But any weight loss at any size is a great.
  • LORR79
    LORR79 Posts: 55
    Options
    Photo0182.jpg

Photo0225.jpg

If the pics work the first is me at 143lbs the 2nd is 137lbs. I'm 5ft 3 and even 3lbs makes a difference to how my clothes fit!

Edited to say sorry about MAHOOSIVE pics lol
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" - 5 pounds makes a big difference to me!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 5 lbs makes a big difference on me.......some of my friends who are taller talk about having a variance up to 10lbs in their weight and not even really noticing anywhere other than the scale.
  • AngieDee12
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures!!! Yes, I can see the difference. YOU look great!
  • LORR79
    LORR79 Posts: 55
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures!!! Yes, I can see the difference. YOU look great!

Thank you! I need to learn how to resize them :smile:

I got the dress for an upcoming wedding and it was way too tight. I got my little boy to take the pics to motivate me and so I could see progress aswell as feel it.

I think on us smaller ladies a little weight lost makes a big difference.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'9" and 291...5 lbs doesn't make a difference on me! only i can tell, really.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it makes a difference in the way I look, but I can definitely feel it. I can feel it when I gain 2lbs now from TOM!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know as I haven't lost 5lb yet recently :P I hope so, cos I've lost 3lb so far, but not sure I can see a difference just yet!
  • Scubasab
    Scubasab Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 1/2 and 5 pounds makes A BIG DIFFERENCE on me!!!!! :noway: I agree when you are short 5 lbs. looks like 10 lbs. on our small frames!!!!!! :grumble: The good thing is the weight is coming off so now we can see it in a POSITIVE manner!!!!:drinker:
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Makes hardly any difference just by looking, but mentally I feel sluggish etc if I'm having a bad scale day. One of the perks of being 5'10 I guess...
  • AngieDee12
    Options
    I think pictures are a great motivator! !!!! I took my picutre 3 pounds heavier ago, IN A BIKINI...yipes, (my eyes only..did not want to even let my husband see!) then after 5 pound loss, I am going to re take pictures! Will be interesing. But, even at 3 pounds lighter, I feel more confident in my "yoga" pants...and belly and rear a little smaller...will be interesting to see what the pictures show me! Good for you for your wt loss. I KNOW all too well how even a little bit feels alot better!!
  • chattygirl2
    chattygirl2 Posts: 103
    Options
    Once I could put on my "tight" jeans and these buttoned without sucking it in!!! lol I knew I was on the right path!!! I am 4" 11' and 5 lbs. is like carrying around a 10 lbs sack of potatoes!! :)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and the first 5lbs I lost made a big difference, but the last 10 haven't seemed to make a huge difference, IMO.
  • AngieDee12
    Options
    YES, I don't like when the scale number determines my feelings for the day!!! I only weigh every few weeks, and first think in the morning, after bathroom, no drink...Ya know??! I was getting a little too obsessed in my past with the number. Even every few weeks is a little nerve racking, but I must to keep myself on track, other wise my weight creeps up.....I need a little shocker now and again when my clothes see a little tighter! I HATE getting weighed at the Doctors office too!!