Diamonds in the Rough: Round 2 - Now Seeking New Members!

Options
Hi Diamonds!

We are currently seeking anyone interested in "buddying up" for a 7 week weight loss challenge. The goal is to stick to our diet and exercise goals with a partner. Diamonds in the Rough: Round 2 is a REAL commitment, so if you cannot support your partner each and every day, this is NOT the group for you! We expect ACTIVE involvement. Unless you request otherwise, I will select your partner.

If you are familiar with Round 1 of the challenge you should know that there are some changes! Look for the (**) that indicate changes!

A new component of this challenge is a competition. You are partnered with your buddy, but you are also a member of one of two bigger teams. Each week the team that loses the most will get bragging rights and the opportunity to add the "Diamonds in the Rough Winning Loser" image to their signature. We will also continue to celebrate individual victories.

Expectations:

1. Check in with your buddy every day via MESSAGING (not just on forums)
2. Check the Diamonds in the Rough thread regularly
3. Say as much as possible when writing to your buddy and when writing on the forum
4. Post the Question of the Day on your assigned day**
5. Use the "Diamonds in the Rough" logo in your signature. (Don't worry, it's much smaller than mine)**
6. Send in your LOSS (or gain) directly to me (miss_jamaica). Note, you do not need to send your weight.

Unfortunately, we had to remove a few participants from our last challenge who failed to adhere to these guidelines.

If you are currently a member of Diamonds in the Rough: Round 1, you DO need to express your interest in Round 2. You will NOT automatically be added to the list.

Please pay attention to the following important dates:

Sunday, April 17
1st day to register for the challenge

Sunday, April 24th at NOON
Last day to register for the challenge

Sunday, May 1st
Last day to submit your starting weight (You can choose your weigh-in day, but it must be the same day each week. Weight must be submitted on or before SUNDAY**)

Monday, May 2nd:
1st day of the challenge! Let's go Diamonds!

So, how do you sign up? It's easy. Just reply to this forum with the following:

1. Name (or nickname)
2. Seven week weight loss goal
3. Why do you want to be a part of Diamonds in the Rough?**

My Response:

1. Jamaica
2. I want to lose 10 pounds
3. I created Diamonds in the Rough because I love MFP but felt that it was missing the more personal element of being committed to just one person. I am loving Round 1 and am really looking forward to Round 2!

Keep Shining!
Jamaica

P.S. This time around I will be tracking everything with an Excel Sheet for simplification :-)**

P.P.S. If you are new to Diamonds in the Rough, you can see an old forum here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/209332-diamonds-in-the-rough-7-week-challenge-week-4?hl=Diamonds+in+the+Rough#posts-2763006

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm going to think about this!
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1) Username - Starsnyc21
    2) 7 wk weight loss goal - 15 lbs
    3) I am new to these type of challenges and since I plan to be on MFP for a while I thought I make it fun and interesting. Plus I believe its really important to have accountablity partners. I'm also very committed to uplifting fellow members.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome Miss. Starsnyc21!
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1. Lydt5880
    2. Seven week weight loss goal - 5 lbs
    3. I'm doing ok on MFP but think a challenge like Diamonds in the rough will really help me as it has a buddy system and hopefully I can help/inspire others like me.
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    1. Username - ElleJay221 - but feel free to call me Elle

2. Seven week weight loss goal - 7 - 10 lbs - but to increase my workouts

3. Why do you want to be a part of Diamonds in the Rough?** - Well, I loved "Round 1" for a number of reasons:
    1 - I loved the motivation the other diamonds provided.
    2 - I met new people on here, like my partner from round 1.
    3 - having someone to talk to, like my partner, when I was both doing well, and doing not so well.....it was so great to have someone who really understood.
    4 - by having a set "weigh in day" that I shared my gains/losses with others - it made me more accountable....I wanted to be in the group of losers each week!
    5 - realizing I am not alone in my journey - that we are all going down that same path....

A huge thank you to miss_jamaica for doing this!
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    1. TrimmingTracie
    2. Seven week weight loss goal: 12-15lbs
    3. a) I would love to be part of a challenge to lose weight and being an active team player since I am not currrently working out or dieting with anyone.
    b) I am attending my first ever wedding with my childs fathers side in less than 4mos and want to represent!

5794512.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    1. Laura
    2. 8lbs
    3. Because I'm just back on MPF and would find the daily encouragement from a buddy a really good way to stay motivated!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You can keep me in the challenge for the second round. Me and my partner are doing good!

1)Falicia
    2) Lose 6 lbs
    3)Round 1 was great because I had someone cheering me on everyday and keeping me accountable. I could do the same for her.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    1. Kristin
    2. Lose 15 lbs
    3. This challenge sounds great, bc we get to work closely with someone. I know I sometimes need someone to keep me on track, and I love to encourage others and help them stay motivated.
  • tramik31
    tramik31 Posts: 17
    Options
    Tracee Reeves
    My 7 weeks goal is to lose 15lbs
    I would like to be apart of Diamonds in the Rough because of the daily support and motivation I will give and receive from my partner. I am extremely motivated and I feel I will be a great motivator also...
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi Miss Jamaica

I am in

Im in for the second round

1)Kathy(kkmark)
    2) Lose 7 lbs
    3)Round 1 was excellent i had all the time my partner(falicia) checking on me and encouraging we both worked great we had great great fun loosing weight

Go Diamonds!!!!!!!!!1
    Kathy
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to do this!!!

1. Dawn (dab52776)
    2. My goals are to lose 7 lbs, work on my portion sizes, exercise at least 3 times per week
    3. I want to do this challenge because I like the idea of having a partner. Knowing that one person is going to be closely keeping an eye on what I am doing is very motivating.... I won't want to let me partner down, or look lazy/ unmotivated to someone else.

I'm excited to start! Thanks for organizing this challenge!
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd like to do this challenge!

1. Molly (countryrose7)
    2. I'm aiming high--20lbs
    3. I LOVE the idea of having a partner to help me along and kick me into gear. I think being paired with someone would be a lot better than being in a huge group. Being accountable to someone might just be the ticket to my success.

Thanks for starting this!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    1. Kate
    2. 10 lbs
    3. I really like the idea of having someone that I am accountable to report to, gains and losses:blushing:
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Hello to all of you and welcome to the new Diamonds!

I'm already very excited about Round 2, and I hope that you are too! Professional athletes know how beneficial it is to have a home court advantage and that is exactly what Diamonds in the Rough provides!

We are in this TOGETHER... (except my team is totally going to beat yours! Ha ha!)

Keep Shining!
    Jamaica
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    We already have thirteen ladies! Sign-ups continue all week! Let's go Diamonds!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Miss Jamaica, I just noticed your 6week/6pack ticker. I started that this morning. I was wondering if you do it everyday? Do you do anything else in addition to it?
  • miss_jamaica
    Options
    Miss Jamaica, I just noticed your 6week/6pack ticker. I started that this morning. I was wondering if you do it everyday? Do you do anything else in addition to it?

Hey CricketKate!

Well, my plan was to do it daily, but as of yesterday I am experiencing some muscle pain in my back. I cannot rule out that 6 week 6 pack was involved. In any event, I took today off. I don't have any prior history of back pain, so I am a wee bit concerned, but I'm feeling much better now than I did yesterday and am hoping it was just a fluke. I will continue to do it daily starting tomorrow or Wednesday, but if I experience back pain again I may have to ditch it... or at least skip over some of the moves.

I have had such success with Jillian videos that it's hard for me to let one go!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    testing my diamonds image
    Yay its working

Thanks jamaica
    Kathy