Did you quit drinking in your quest for the "new you"?

Options
2»

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options

Also, if you just get water the bartender is usually more than happy to give you a wedge of lemon/lime in it if you ask. No one usually knows when I've stopped drinking because whatever I'm holding looks alcoholic. It helps if you don't want to draw attention to your lack of alcohol.

And lastly, since you're not drinking as much treat yourself to the better spirits! They're yummier and no headache in the morning!

Great points. Definitely drink call brands. When I drink vodka soda I alternate w/regular club soda w/lemon or lime and no one knows the difference. And when I drink anything else, I always have a glass of water available to sip on. As for people noticing, I have a girlfriend that "fake drank" her way through her first few months of pregnancy...no one even noticed, myself included.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Also, if you just get water the bartender is usually more than happy to give you a wedge of lemon/lime in it if you ask. No one usually knows when I've stopped drinking because whatever I'm holding looks alcoholic. It helps if you don't want to draw attention to your lack of alcohol.

And lastly, since you're not drinking as much treat yourself to the better spirits! They're yummier and no headache in the morning!

Great points. Definitely drink call brands. When I drink vodka soda I alternate w/regular club soda w/lemon or lime and no one knows the difference. And when I drink anything else, I always have a glass of water available to sip on. As for people noticing, I have a girlfriend that "fake drank" her way through her first few months of pregnancy...no one even noticed, myself included.

Ahh... I think I need to learn this art of the fake drinking. I don't know why it never occured to me... I definitely get peer pressured into a lot of my drinking. Isn't that ridiculous at the age of 38???

We just have sooo much fun when we drink. It will be sad to have to stop altogether.
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options

Ahh... I think I need to learn this art of the fake drinking. I don't know why it never occured to me... I definitely get peer pressured into a lot of my drinking. Isn't that ridiculous at the age of 38???

We just have sooo much fun when we drink. It will be sad to have to stop altogether.