Coital Cephalalgia, Men, have you ever had this problem?

Options
ChuckgM3
ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
Not really chit-chat or fun and games, but didn't want my post to get deleted for being inappropriate anywhere else...

The research I've done on this hasn't been much help. The suggestions for causes and solutions are vague and widespread. What I did learn though is that it seems to be somewhat common so I was hoping maybe someone here has been through this and can offer first hand advice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coital_cephalalgia

Basically an excruciating headache at the base of my skull just before or at the moment of release that lasts painfully about an hour and can linger on a small scale all day or until next morning.

Good news it it doesn't happen every time but started a little over a week ago and happens 50% of the time.

So far per a couple friends recommendations I have started seeing a chiropractor and will probably call my doctor if it continues, but from what I've read it seems like he's just going to tell me to stop masturbating/having sex (which isn't a solution :P)

Also, it seems like this only occurs in obese men or men with high blood pressure... I'm not obese any more and my BP is perfect :/

Anyway, this is an embarrassing subject so be gentle.

Thanks

Replies