Why am I never hungry???

rikkitikki
rikkitikki Posts: 14 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Okay, so I am the child of workaholic parents who seemed to assume that we no longer needed groceries at home because we ate at school (I know, wrong on so many levels). As a result, my siblings and I have this sort of learned helplessness when it comes to food. They get really tired when they're hungry and often just sleep until food is available, but I completely lose my appetite. Going through my diary, there are days where I have 400+ calories left. I know I should just buy food, but when I'm not hungry, what's the point? Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can eat enough when I'm really really not hungry?

Replies

• ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    you really have to train your body to new habits... healthy food provided at regular intervals, to the full amount of calories needed, plus drinking all the water needed (lots)

once you establish this routine, within a couple of weeks (usually) your body accepts that food IS now regularly provided and it IS safe to use the food you ingest for energy rather than trying to store it all, and shutting off your natural hunger responses.

It does take time and effort on your part though *S*... you have to proved the food needed to train your body that it IS safe to expect food regularly now *S*

good luck! it really will make all the difference in the world once you do so *S*
This discussion has been closed.