P90X and running

Options
I want to start training for a 10K, but I don't want to give up P90X yet- I really don't have time to do both running and P90X on the same day. Has anyone had luck training for runs, and incorporating P90X at the same time? I am thinking about alternating days and then having one rest day.

Replies

• CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I did it. I did a lot of it on the same day, but there were a couple of weeks when I did my runs on days that P90X had a cardio workout. I think alternating days would work well.

Good luck on your 10k! I just did my first one on March 27th!
  • RunLillian
    RunLillian Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is the SAME problem I had when I started P90x! I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one. I began p90x and found it difficult to juggle my running schedule AND p90x without spending 2 HOURS a day working out! I just dont have that amount of time after working a 10-12 hour shift!

I did p90x for 2 months, went on vacation, and never finished the program. I convinced myself that p90x wasn't reasonable with my schedule BUT now im looking to get back into the groove. I need to build some muscle but going on my second time around, I think I'm going to adjust the meal plans. I'll stick to something just as healthy but not do the 6 meals a day. I ended up gaining weight on p90x last year and would like to just slim down.

Do you all know which P90x program is "better"? The classic or lean? Which are you doing and why?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    This is the SAME problem I had when I started P90x! I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one. I began p90x and found it difficult to juggle my running schedule AND p90x without spending 2 HOURS a day working out! I just dont have that amount of time after working a 10-12 hour shift!

I did p90x for 2 months, went on vacation, and never finished the program. I convinced myself that p90x wasn't reasonable with my schedule BUT now im looking to get back into the groove. I need to build some muscle but going on my second time around, I think I'm going to adjust the meal plans. I'll stick to something just as healthy but not do the 6 meals a day. I ended up gaining weight on p90x last year and would like to just slim down.

Do you all know which P90x program is "better"? The classic or lean? Which are you doing and why?

I did the classic program and lost my LAST, (thank goodness) 12-14 pounds, (I can't remember now). I just looked at your ticker and saw that you have less than that to lose. I think the lean program is intended for those wanting to lose more weight because it has more cardio in it. I couldn't be happier with my classic results. I did not follow the meal plan, (I did use it for ideas) I just logged my goods here and ate healthy, but I did eat 5-6 times a day. Classic really slimmed me down and gave me nice definition. I'm doing round two right now and still loving it. I was able to get my body fat down to 20% in round one I'd like to get to 19% but I'm not sure if I can do it. This thigh fat just does not want to budge!:explode: