Good Apples vs. Bad Apples

Options
Queen_Christine
Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
I like to cook. I mean I really like to cook. And in large portions for lots of people. I like to make the kinds of food that everybody loves - including myself. Lazagna, mannicotti, chicken enchiladas, pot roast, huge roasted turkeys on holidays with all the delicious side dishes, and desserts, cakes, PIES... You get the picture.

This love evolved over the years. When I was younger I didn't care about cooking too much. The idea of making an apple pie from scratch seemed like a day of dread. Standing at the sink cutting and peeling apples for what seemed like an eternity. And the crust - I never had the room to roll out pie dough, or the skill to get it right.

But all that has changed over the years. Now when I stand at the sink and cut my apple for my lunch I realize how relaxing it is and I wish I could just stand there and cut and peel apples and make apple pies all afternoon. Now I have a gourmet kitchen with a large countertop for rolling out pie dough. And now I am a skilled pie maker. And now I am restraining myself from making pies. Trying to reverse the damage I've done to my once petite figure.

Life is cruel, isn't it. But still, I have to laugh at the irony. Well, what else can I do but laugh about it? Everything has a price!

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    My sister and I love to bake when I go home to visit. After the pies, cakes, bread etc is made it looks and smells delicious. and that's when we take it over to my parent's house. I know it's mean but, someone has to eat the stuff it can't just go to waste!

Of course we taste the food but the majority of it is given away.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    How's about using the gourmet kitchen and the cooking skills to cook some gourmet healthy dishes? Some seared mahi with a vegetable soucatash? Or some veggie-stuffed portabella caps with some roasted veggies?
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Use your wonderful skills and fantastic kitchen to create good healty foods. There is nothing wrong with a slice of pie. Its the second slice that hurts. Making your own healthy treats is so much better. I once read on here about Low HI foods. HI standing for human interference which I see as processed foods. Home made is the way to go.
  • Queen_Christine
    Queen_Christine Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're right - I know that's the answer. I'm learning a new way to cook.