17 DAY DIET?

Options
I AM CURIOUS TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS EVER DONE THE 17 DAY DIET. I CAME ACROSS THE BOOK AND IT LOOKS INTERESTING. ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE SHARE

Replies

• megganwinland
    Options
    Like most Fad Diets. They work. But they can harm your body. Watch what you eat and exercise. This will work just as well, maybe not in '17 days' but the results will be better and might actually stick.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    All you need is to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy. Drink only water. Avoid processed foods/fast food, refined sugar and artificial sweeteners. Get some exercise. If you really want to lose weight and live a healthy life, follow these instructions. You don't need any fad diets or diet products. Just adopt healthy habits.
  • kwawrin73
    Options
    Hi

For me today is number 17 of Cycle one on the 17 Day Diet. Tomorrow I start Cycle two. I have lost 11 pounds so far. I feel better, I look better and all my numbers are better. I have enjoyed it! I bought the book, read it cover to cover, then I went through the meal plans and made a grocery list of only the foods allowed/suggested. I also went through the recipes to find ingredients I would need. Did my shopping and got started. The book has not left my kitchen island and I follow the pre-set meal plans each day. It has almost become a game for me...

All the recipes are good and easy to make. I have enjoyed trying new things. I am looking forward to the next cycle and new recipes :)
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I started the diet today and so far so good. Looking forward to see some results. I think this will jumpstart me into healthy eating. I'm doing the diet along with counting calories here.