Christmas Fitness Challenge Check-in - DECEMBER 2

Options
I'm up early! Won't happen very often, just have a CPR class today.

To take it easy on my ankle yesterday, I went to my husband's gym where they have a machine that is part elliptical, part stair stepper, part ski machine. Burned 500 calories on that sucker in 40 minutes. Cooled down with some stationary bike for another 100 calories. Tried out my Christmas present of a heart rate monitor. I liked it and the machines would read off my chest strap - very weird, you didn't have to put your hands on the metal handles - I didn't figure out it was reading off my chest strap. I guess I thought the machines were psychic :laugh:

With all those extra calories, I tried some chocolates. Not my normal dark chocolate bar, but stick your finger in the middle chocolates. Some were actually too sweet! I just liked the really dark ones (72%). Ended up going over by 60 calories.

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'm up early! Won't happen very often, just have a CPR class today.

To take it easy on my ankle yesterday, I went to my husband's gym where they have a machine that is part elliptical, part stair stepper, part ski machine. Burned 500 calories on that sucker in 40 minutes. Cooled down with some stationary bike for another 100 calories. Tried out my Christmas present of a heart rate monitor. I liked it and the machines would read off my chest strap - very weird, you didn't have to put your hands on the metal handles - I didn't figure out it was reading off my chest strap. I guess I thought the machines were psychic :laugh:

With all those extra calories, I tried some chocolates. Not my normal dark chocolate bar, but stick your finger in the middle chocolates. Some were actually too sweet! I just liked the really dark ones (72%). Ended up going over by 60 calories.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Way to go with finding something that would work for you, Mary. Sounds interesting! Glad you got a great workout in!

I ended up not doing anything formal again. I cooked and cleaned and had the party and barely sat down all day long. I fell into bed at 7:30! I was so tired and my ankle was so swollen and painful (still is this morning). I'm going to try to lay low for most of today to see if my ankle will feel better by tonight so that I can hop on my bike while I watch the Amazing Race.

Hope everyone else did as well as Mary! Keep it up everyone! And, if you didn't work out yesterday, remember today is a new day!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • playinwfire
    Options
    Does putting up 2 christmas trees make an exercice workout for me:grumble: ! and cleaning after all the mess that has been done? from 10 to 8pm I was doing that including lunches and supper!

I'm exhausted oh well! I have always an excuse not to hit the gym:explode: !

Good luck everyone with their workout:flowerforyou:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Went to a 75 minute power yoga class this morning. It was so great! Planning on taking my dog for a long walk later... but it's SO HOT today, so we'll see how far we get. I need to do some housework, too.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Went to a 75 minute power yoga class this morning. It was so great! Planning on taking my dog for a long walk later... but it's SO HOT today, so we'll see how far we get. I need to do some housework, too.

Hot, where are you from?? I am in Sunny CA and it is only in the 40's right now. High of maybe 56 today.
    Way to go on the yoga class. Enjoy the dog walk.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Way to go with finding something that would work for you, Mary. Sounds interesting! Glad you got a great workout in!

I ended up not doing anything formal again. I cooked and cleaned and had the party and barely sat down all day long. I fell into bed at 7:30! I was so tired and my ankle was so swollen and painful (still is this morning). I'm going to try to lay low for most of today to see if my ankle will feel better by tonight so that I can hop on my bike while I watch the Amazing Race.

Hope everyone else did as well as Mary! Keep it up everyone! And, if you didn't work out yesterday, remember today is a new day!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole

O.k., I have to play athletic trainer here! R.I.C.E. protocol as usual: get the ankle elevated with a compression wrap if available. (start wrap at toes and work up to lower leg), Ice 20 min on, 1hr off all day as able, ibuprofen or alleve (prefer aleeve [naproxen sodium] 'cause it's a 12 hr does and easier on your stomach. Our Doc says 2 in am, 2 in pm). And REST your partied-out body! How's that for an excuse to take it easy, a licensed health-care professional said so! Should be getting better in 24-48 hours, if not, let me know.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I relaxed yesterday, working a string of midnights, maybe tonight.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    I took yesterday off & helped my son move. Today I did my pilates & rode my stationary bike 10 miles.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options

I'm in Orlando, FL. It's in the 80's here! My family all lives in the Northwest and it snowed there yesterday, so I can't really complain about the heat! :happy:
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Ate way too many snacks tonight, so to the elliptical and voila! 45 minutes later burned off all that stuff.
    Feel good! :laugh: