Hi! Need Motivation from people who have lost or who want to

Options
Hi guys!! I am in the process of trying to lose the 20-25 lbs that I gained after I got married...lol It was that all inclusive honeymoon that did me in! I am 5'2" and I weigh 144lbs. My goal weight is around 120. Any advice or wise words would be awesome! Or if you have lost your weight any tips would be great! I do zumba 3-4 times a week and attend a group training class (like biggest loser circuit stuff) for an hour 3 days per week. I feel I have the exercise part down...just need to combat my eating habits! I hope you all are having a great weekend and thanx for the motivation! This website rocks!

Replies

• selfdiscipline73
    selfdiscipline73 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have the exercise part down! This site really helps with the food accountability part. I lost 60+ lbs about 8 years ago and still struggle with the food part at times. It is hard! Good luck to you and keep up the working out part and the food will come. Just make sure you are giving 100% when you are working out and that will help burn those calories too!
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have a LOT more to lose than you, but I didn't just jump in and start eating celery sticks and tofu. I took baby steps. Portion control is a big problem for a lot of people. I worked on that first.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Stock your cupboards and fridge with healthy options, if you are like me in the beginning I was the only one eating healthy so there were lots of unhealthy choices still made, so i stopped buying the crap for anyone in the house, now my kids snack on fruit, veggies, fiber bar, Kashi bars, granola, nuts, ect.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5' 2" (ok..ok.. 5 1 1/2). My original goal was about 35 pounds...to put me at 130. I passed my halfway point, and I think i need to redo my goals. I believe for my frame 120-125 will be more like it. My downfall is snacking....
    Add me if you'd like! We can motivate eat other. We can do this!
    PS> I love Zumba!
  • Sharonbed4d
    Sharonbed4d Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm your same height and started off at 136 and now I'm at 122. I'm not trying to lose anymore but just simply firm up what is left. I recommend adding strength training into your exercise routine if you haven't already done so. Good luck!!
  • kenexa11
    kenexa11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanx a lot ladies!!! Accountability is a big issue for me as well as controlling my portions. I think at this point I get that if I don't keep track of everything I eat, then I shouldn't expect any results. So funny jrlenig...I've cut out buying some of the junk too! Good advice thanx so much!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I usually try to post some kind of health tip a day. I've lost 90+ pounds and am still working hard on that last 20 lbs.

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • kenexa11
    Options
    Erzille, you look great! Congrats on your weight loss. Zumba is such a great workout! My downfall is snacking after dinner...I do great during the day. Thanx for your motivation!
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    I've found that I use MFP as information, not a punishment. You'll continue to eat as often as you like (and to some extent, whatever you like) but by tracking the data, you'll just make healthier substitutions. I'm super low-key about everything and I've lost 14 pounds. I know you'll get the hang of everything and you'll be showing off those before and after pics...lol

Good news is that if you hit a snag, there's always the message boards for encouragement and advice : )
  • kenexa11
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! When I work out with a group for an hour three times a week we usually do some strength training but maybe I need to add some more!
  • kenexa11
    Options
    jeffrodgers1, Congrats on your weight loss! You look great! Thank you!!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    add a lot of strength training so whatever you lose stays lost forever....
  • kenexa11
    Options
    add a lot of strength training so whatever you lose stays lost forever....

Wow, you look amazing! How did you get your stomach to look like that, congrats!