will too much sugar = Love Handles & belly fat??

Options
will too much sugar = Love Handles & belly fat??

I am 20 years old, 5'5 female & weigh 126 pounds. I am happy with all of my body except for my stomach and love handles.. im sure you are thinking "well at that weight im sure they arent that bad!" but the thing is.. the rest of my body is veryy skinny so my love handls are pretty big.. same with my belly.. I eat 2,000 calories and have been maintaing/slowly losing for months.. I workout 3-4 times a week (cardio) .. I was just wondering if my love handles and belly would shrink if i stopped eating sugar? I realized that i eat alot of sugar.. although i am staying under 2,000 cals a day.. i am eating fiber bars, icecream, hot cocoa, etc *and im eating this stuff everyday.. and that doesnt even include all my fruits i am eating.. I was just wondering if it had anythig to do with the sugars im eating or does it not matter as long as im eating my calorie limit? Thanks!

Replies

• KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm going to follow this because I have the same body...literally. I'm 5'5 weigh about 125 and am having the hardest time getting rid of fat that just on top of abs.
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I've heard yes and no about the sugar thing, but I don't buy it 100%. It may help to add in some strength training and get some serious ab work going-not just crunches but total core work and stuff. It helped my muffin top!
  • Rumbii
    Rumbii Posts: 3
    Options
    If I was in the same situation I would cut out sugar for about a month.
    Please Google sugar withdrawal symptoms or google Belly Fat Cure(you dont have to follow the program but it will give you an idea of what sugar can do to the female body)