Help with Dieting

Options
SO I started P90x and today is actually Day 1 of my 2nd week. I love it, but I really want to be able to diet a lot better. I never was much of a dieter. I just love food. Ha - and it's hard for me to stick with a certain diet. But so far I've been doing pretty good, Ive been eating lots of veggies and fruits. I have oatmeal in the morning and then yogurt later on. I think dinner time is really the hardest for me. I love to cook but not sure what healthy dinners to make. I dont want to be lacking on certain nutrients that my body needs in order to help me lose weight. I'm not a fish eater, I'm more of a chicken kinda person. :) If anyone has any dieting tips that would be absolutely wonderful.. Thanks in advanced

Replies

• Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello! That's awesome you are doing P90X. I did it and got awesome results. The diet is the most important! Do you have the nutrition guide? If so they have awesome recipes that you could make. I'm more of a chicken and turkey kind of person myself so it's a little easier to make my meals.
    If you need any help with anything add me and message me if you'd like.
  • grabacokelaurie
    Options
    Jenni~ LOTS of veggies, moderate fruit, chicken, turkey & fish if you can slide it in there. Try to eat the majority of your carbs early in the day and I usually don't have a fruit past late afternoon. I drink TONS of H2O, plain tea and black coffee. I do put a splash of unsweetened Almond Milk in my AM coffee though. I also allow myself a "Cheat" day once a wk. It is usually a burger (I don't have a roll- my choice) and the rest a "clean" meal, but a large dessert that day which is actually my "cheat". I only eat beef once a wk.-can't cut it out completely : ) I also w/o early in the AM before work & then again directly after work. Doing Start It Up in the AM and a round of Insanity in the PM. When the weather breaks hubby & I will be riding our bikes in the evening. Hope this helps you some. Good Luck!!
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE baby spinach salads! They are so good, but you just have to be careful about which dressings you use. Pasta is really a good option too! 1/2 a cup uncooked is about 210 calories! The trick is making sure you get full, but still feel satisfied. Salad, pasta, and a little bit of meat will really fill you up, but try and mix up flavors with the salad dressing, pasta sauce, and how you cook the meat to give yourself something new every time! :)
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the P90X yet but want to. As far as your "diet", I will say, I hate the word. It has a negative connotation. So are you dieting or changing the way you eat in general? I think if you tell yourself that it's a diet rather than steps to changing the way you eat, it is harder. I can't diet. I had to completely change the way I ate before I started being successful. It may just be a mental thing for me, but I know that it's a mental thing for a lot of people.

Good luck on your journey!
  • JenniB619
    JenniB619 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for tips. I do good with eating all during the day, then when I get home from work my bf always wants something so I completely give in and dont eat healthy in the evening. I think thats my problem! I have no problem drinking water cause that is all I drink. I just hope I can stick to eating healthier. I've changed the way I grocery shop to just sticking to the outside perimeter.. which is all the produce and dairy. So that makes things easier. Just trying different ways of cooking chicken becomes a chore. It's difficult to constantly comeup with new chicken recipes! But I am definately trying my hardest!
  • JenniB619
    Options
    Did you do the classic or lean version of P90x? I'm doing the lean version, so I dont think the results are as high as those with the classic version. How long was it til you started seeing results when you did P90x?
  • JenniB619
    Options
    Did you do the classic or lean version of P90x? I'm doing the lean version, so I dont think the results are as high as those with the classic version. How long was it til you started seeing results when you did P90x?