What to eat? Is it enough?

Kriss1086
Kriss1086 Posts: 6
edited September 26 in Introduce Yourself
Ok so I usually start my day off at the gym at 5am (eat whole wheat bread before) and do 60 mins of cardio whether it's interval running on the treadmill or interval training on the elliptical and two to three times a week I lift weights after my cardio. I'm a bank teller so I stand all day at work and I can't constantly eat. After the gym I get ready for work make breakfast which consist of eggs whites and orange juice sometimes a slice of 2% American cheese in my egg whites. Then I make a sugar free fat free coffee for work and for lunch I usually eat a piece of chicken in a low carb while wheat wrap with salsa and eat carrots on the side.or sometimes I'll have spinach lettuce with whole wheat croutons grape tomatoes and red wine vinegar for dressing. Then in the afternoon I have a special k vanilla cereal bar and either an apple or banana. Then for dinner I sometimes have whole wheat pasta or chicken again. I drink water throughout the day. After adding in the calories I burn and adding in all the food I eat it's not enough calories eaten. I still have so many left! What am I supposed to do I'm satisfied and don't want more food but I can't seem to drop anymore weight. I read something that you should change your workout and I did or to eat more but I couldn't possibly eat more and I don't want to eat bad calories. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    nuts, sunflower seeds or peanut butter. they can bulk up your diet while still being healthy treats.
  • I would eat something more substantial than the whole wheat bread before you work out. Add peanut butter to it or some nutella. You could also use the entire egg instead of just the egg whites from breakfast-the extra protein is good for you after you work out. I used to be a teller so I understand that you can't snack during the day but you can make your meals count more. Add some almonds to your snack or eat a different type of snack bar. Special K has no nutrients and is full of sugar-try a Clif bar, Atkins bar, or some other brand that is full of vitamins and protein. If you don't eat enough calories not only are you messing up your weightloss now but you are also damaging your metabolism and that will effect you later.
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    yogurt....I'd add some fat to the diet as well. Avocado, olives, oil with your dressing.
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    yeah, i wouldn't necessarily eat more volume if you are full and maybe change up what you eat somewhat, you could try eating more protein some days. maybe a yogurt instead of toast in morning. and days you have yogurt, yes put sunflower seed butter on it. and definitely changing up the workout can help, also some days shorten it and some days longer. but overall, changing up as much as you can ususally seems to work.
This discussion has been closed.