20 lbs by August 5th

Options
Hey Everyone,

This whole weight loss thing has been a struggle lately. I bought the largest size pair of pants I have ever worn this week. It's hard for me to pinpoint exactly where I'm going wrong, but I'm sick of feeling this way. Not only do I not feel physically comfortable, but my self-esteem has plummeted. One night last week, after not being able to fit into any of my clothes comfortably, I had a melt-down and refused to leave the house. This has gone too far. I have not felt this insecure in a long time. I am setting a goal to lose 20lbs by August 5th. I am going on vacation August 6th, so it would be nice to be able to wear cute summer clothes and truly enjoy myself by then. This is only 16 weeks away. Currently, my food diary is set at 1 1/2 pounds per week, so this goal is reasonable. Because of my fluctuation with using this site in the past, I have lost the support of most of my current friends. So, if anyone would like to join me on my goal, or like a new friend, in general, I would encourage you to request my friendship. We can help each other reach our goals!

Replies

• nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    I can definitely relate to your post! I have also been to that point where none of my clothes fit anymore and I first said "I am NOT buying anymore I just need to fit into the ones that I have" which ended up backfiring and I gained a few more pounds and had to buy new clothes. But now I am back to MFP for my second time and feel like I have the time and motivation to do it this time! And I am religiously, each week, trying on those damn clothes that are piled in my closet just waiting for me to fit in them again!

So lets be friends and lets do this! :)

Nicole
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    oh my, I am right there right now as well. I wear scrubs for a living, and elastic waists suck. I am going to do this! I CAN DO THIS!!! and you can to! You can kick my in the tush and I will do it for you!

Jenn
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I too joined when I could no longer fit into my "fat pants". I felt so disgusted with myself and knew I had to do SOMETHING because obviously what I was doing before (which was nothing) was NOT working. We are all in this together and feel free to add me for support. I sure as heck know I need all the support I can get! We CAN do this!!
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, joined so many challenges, but what's the use if I just cannot control my eating and I am so busy with my full time Biological Science studies and my 2 children I hardly have any time for them. Cook my own food daily. I absolutely eat nothing from outside but eveyday eventually end overeating. On top of that my in laws are visiting me in July and my MIL already made fun of my big belly in front of whole family.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I hate leaving the house to go out and do anything because I think people that saw me before I gained all my weight think bad about me.
    I will be your friend and we can lose this weight together!
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    Options
    What you described was me to a T when I joined MFP. I was so misreable, nothing fit, all my clothes were uncomfortable and I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. Since joining 6 weeks ago I have lost 10lbs and I can't tell you how much better I feel mentally and physically having lost only 10lbs. You can do this!
    My motivation isactually the same as yours. I'm going on vacation August 5th and we always rent a pontoon boat and I always wear my board shorts and tank top. This year I want to wear a bathing suit!!!
    Good luck!