Measurements !

Options
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone knows a good site for measuring*.....When Im using cheese for example,it uses 1 cup...so when im putting in one of cheese in my recipe or in my food diary, i will get a result showing 1 1/4 cube of cheese or 30g of cheese etc etc.....but never find 1 cup equal to what ? So im finding it very hard when it comes to grams ,ounces.....hope I have said this clear enuff,if not please forgive me ,not good with this stuff lol :)
Thank you

Replies

• Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just google "how many grams is 2 ounces" or "how many tablespoons are in a cup" and the answers come right up!! Good luck!!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    find a good conversion table & print it out for future reference.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    One cup is 8 ounces or half a pound
  • alana1966
    alana1966 Posts: 34
    Options
    With some cheeses I noticed they have markings on the outside of the package in cups ( like crisco shortening has) so I used that as a guide, but bought a scale today so weighing things will be much easier and more accurate - only $16.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    If you use a Mac there is a conversion widget. If you use an ipod touch or iphone there are conversion apps. Otherwise you can google the conversions.
  • Vtrembacki
    Vtrembacki Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The easiest way is to use a scale and always do grams. Most of the accurate entries in here will have grams as one of the options; all of the foods entered by MFP do. Also on nutrition labels they alway have grams too. And usually the grams are better to go by, and it does not always match up to the cup/tbs.... measurements. Sometimes you will measure what 1 cup is, and then weigh it and its VERY different. the grams are more accurate.

And as far as converting, like said before, just type in google "how many grams in 1/4 cup" or what ever you need.... pops up at the top!
  • luvcookie
    luvcookie Posts: 97
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for the help :)