ideas for rewards???

So I think I need some good ideas to reward myself when I lose 5 more lbs, 10 lbs, then 15 lbs. Looking and feeling better just isn't gonna cut it!! Anyone have any good motivators? Such as buying a new outfit, etc? (Also rewards that DONT cost money would be great too:wink: ) Thanks!

Replies

• dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    So I think I need some good ideas to reward myself when I lose 5 more lbs, 10 lbs, then 15 lbs. Looking and feeling better just isn't gonna cut it!! Anyone have any good motivators? Such as buying a new outfit, etc? (Also rewards that DONT cost money would be great too:wink: ) Thanks!
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Vacation
    New bathing suit/bikini
    Spa treatement for a day (facial, pedicure, manicure, swedish massage)

Personally I like the spa treatment (of course if it were for me I'd cut out the first (3) selections and keep the swedish massage :laugh:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Spa treatment is a good idea... I do facials, pedi n mani every two weeks! They are great.. it's a time to relax.. I don't know bout anybodies massage though. lol
    Shopping or a nite out those are good too.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    I reward myself with $10 for every pound lost. I put the money in my "weight loss" bank (old coffee can)
    If I gain any of the weight back for longer than a week I have to take that amount and put it back in the bank, that way I don't get paid twice to loose the same pound.

The goal is to have money available to buy a couple of outfits every time I reach a goal and need some clothes that fit.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Vacation
    New bathing suit/bikini

Personally I like the spa treatment (of course if it were for me I'd cut out the first (3) selections and keep the swedish massage :laugh:

Oh, but we'd love to see you with a pedi and mani!!! :heart: :heart:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Hmmm - rewards. A new book, subscription to a fitness/health magazine, new hair style, new shoes :love: , also maybe a day trip to somewhere close you haven't been or been in a long time to do something different - like local waterfalls, hiking trail, swimming hole, caverns, etc. An evening with some girlfriends watching sappy movies (or funny movies) and trying some new recipes for healthy treats. I'll think more and get back to ya!!!
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    I reward myself with $10 for every pound lost. I put the money in my "weight loss" bank (old coffee can)
    If I gain any of the weight back for longer than a week I have to take that amount and put it back in the bank, that way I don't get paid twice to loose the same pound.

The goal is to have money available to buy a couple of outfits every time I reach a goal and need some clothes that fit.

Great idea! I'm trying to save $5/pound to use for my swedish massage when I drop 40!
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    a 'girls day'
    new addition to the home (like a new picture, throw, or just really scrub the crap out of the house - I LOVE a clean house) :happy:
    bowling
    movies
    tour different places in your area that you haven't seen

good luck!
  • p90x_Dude

Good Idea, I think I'll try this one myself.
  • p90x_Dude
    Vacation
    New bathing suit/bikini

Oh, but we'd love to see you with a pedi and mani!!! :heart: :heart:

No you wouldn't :laugh:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Mani
    Pedi
    New Hairdo
    New Shoes :love:
    New Bike
    New iPod
    New Running Shoes
    New Make-up
    Tattoos
    Piercings
    New Scale (fancy one with lots of gadgetry)
    New HRM
    A night out with the girls to show off the progress
    Half hour deep tissue massage (hopefully with a masseuse named Dmitry who looks like a Russian God) :blushing:
    New workout clothes
    or
    Sometimes I buy a piece of clothing one size too small and then I set my goal not in lbs, but to be able to fit into that piece of clothing, like the dress I have set out for my grandparents wedding anniversary party Labor Day weekend that is still a little too snug...
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    i have gotten some ummmm piercings for my rewards .... and when i reach my final goal it will be a tattoo....but there are sooooo many things you can reward yourself with....clothes are always a big one ....since you will need them anyways if your losing....
  • I reward myself with $10 for every pound lost. I put the money in my "weight loss" bank (old coffee can)

I LOVE this idea. I won't be able to do $10 for every lb , but I'd actually be happy with like $2-$5/lb. Well I gotta say , your a smart cookie , I would have never thought to do this but it is a great idea.
  • mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    i have gotten some ummmm piercings for my rewards .... and when i reach my final goal it will be a tattoo....but there are sooooo many things you can reward yourself with....clothes are always a big one ....since you will need them anyways if your losing....

I am planning the same. I want to get my belly button pierced when I reach 20 pounds down from where I am today.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    New belly jewelry is always a favorite!

I just bought myself a new bra and belt costume, it should be here this week sometime...also bought a beautiful new golden sword.

When my children head back home on the 26th, I'm going out to buy fabric and beads...have a new costume project design in mind that will keep me busy and chase away the empty house blues!