Help me stay on track please

Options
Ok so me and my fiance are taking the kids to the amusement park tomorrow and i need some ideas to help me stay on track. What can I do? Any ideas?

Replies

• LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I always pack us a cooler and put it under a pavillion... For one, I dont want to eat that junk and for two im not about to pay $7 for a hotdog.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Better pack some healthy snacks to take with you !! I fail miserably when I don't but if I throw some energy bars or fruit in my purse...I do tons better!! Congrats on the upcoming wedding (: !
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, Im going to a convention with lots of yummy treats -_- hmm tricky tricky, walking a good portion of the day helps, Just drink lots of water ( not to much you don't want to be sick on rides ) and remember there are always people around so look around and passing fit people might help you stay motivated. maybe wear your Bathing suit underneath so you have a constant reminder .. Sorry if i wasnt much help :(
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    I always pack us a cooler and put it under a pavillion... For one, I dont want to eat that junk and for two im not about to pay $7 for a hotdog.

yeah i know right and $7 for pizza, but i LOVE funnel cakes! UH and the only thime i eat them is when we go to the park. Wont i burn it off with all the walking???
  • cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    Bring food. My sister has allergies so that's what we have to do.

We usually bring sandwiches, tangerines granola bars etc. The amusement park food is not only unhealthy but disguising so you're not missing much.
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Eat sensibly before you go, pack some low calorie snacks to much on, bring at least 1L of water, and pick one amusement park food to treat yourself to. You will be doing a lot of walking and taking care of kids is a great workout so you don't have to feel guilty! (I would stay away from deep fried snickers bars though) :)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options

Amen!

Yep, put a sandwich and some fruit in your fanny pack or nuts, raisins, or other healthy snacks!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I swear to GOD they have special fans at the funnel cake places that blow the aroma right up my nose.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    cotten candy is only 50 calories in the tub i got at the zoo. sure its not good for you, but i got to have something sweet without undoing everything on fried funnel cake.
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I say go ahead and have that one special treat as long as you don't feel as though you have blown it and totally give up because of it. for the rest of the day, eat as healthy as you can, your going to be doing a lot of walking so it should counter act anything you do eat. Just be honest with yourself, you know what you can handle and what you you can't as far as trigger foods go. Most of all, Have a great time! I'm going back to Disney Land come June so i will have to be careful as well. I'm having a hard at home right now staying on plan but hopefully by then I will be back on track full force and it won't be a problem! Good luck...have fun!
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've brought sandwiches and fruit to save money since it's so expensive! But I do allow a treat since that's part of the amusement! lol
  • stateofgrace20
    Options
    check the database for fair foods, see what you can 'afford' to eat. i went to a fair just yesterday, brought a HUGE fuji apple and water, and only bought a corn dog. so bring something healthy and filling, and buy something that you can afford to eat, according to the database!
  • LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just looked up the calories on 1 funnel cake *drum roll* 760 calories :noway:

I would definately allow yourself one sensible goody snack since you will be walking but choose carefuly cuz this and that add up. I know they have frozen yogurt and ice cream stands.. Maybe a good frozen yogurt with some chocolate in it???? Yum Yum