is it true?[[girls]]

Options
I know it's true that you'll burn more calories when your on your period, but is it also true that you'll weight more when your on your period? One of my friends is stressing about her weight also, and asked me this, but I have no idea.

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    It's so crazy everyone worries about the scale....Tell her to measure herself and see will see if her changes in her eating, & exercise is working for her.

2639362.png
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I tend to retain more water and I get bloated, so I always weigh a little more... Probably doesn't help that I shovel any and all chocolate in sight into my mouth around that time either :)
  • christenapanzone
    christenapanzone Posts: 18 Member
    Options
  • petchonka82
    petchonka82 Posts: 156
    Options
    I gain 2-3 pounds of water weight when I'm on my period, but usually lose it within 3 days afterwards.
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    Options
    I read somewhere that a woman burns 200-300 more calories a day while on her period.
    I don't even bother to weigh before and during my period because I know I retain a lot of water then...
    So, Yes, I agree with both of those statements!
  • CrystalRules
    CrystalRules Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I retain a LOT of water during that time, so I always weigh more. I try not to get on the scale during that week, it's just depressing. A couple days later, though, everything goes back to normal.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I tend to retain more water and I get bloated, so I always weigh a little more... Probably doesn't help that I shovel any and all chocolate in sight into my mouth around that time either :)

Can you say malted milk balls???? On TOM now and OD'd on them today. I hate it, woke up thinking about food this morning.
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    i weigh more when im in tom is here then toward the end i end up losing more than what i weighed before i got tom....tom=time of month