Passover - What's a girl to do!

Options
Feeling anxious that passover is this week. My normal routine is definitely going to be broken as I try to eat kosher for passover. Anybody have any good ideas?

Have a great week!

Replies

• workoutqueen628
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/215860-passover

See this previous thread about passover- hope it helps!! It shouldn't affect your daily eating habits too much -- just cutting out the breads and carbs mostly! Breakfast is going to be hard for me because I live for my morning bowl of oatmeal. :( But other than that, my other meals are going to consist of lean proteins, lots of eggs, salads, lots of veggies and fruits, and healthy fats, like nuts- except no peanuts right? EEK! :( . Best of luck to you!
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am worried about Passover too but I think we should be fine as long as we stay away from too much Matzah or sweets.

I just made this really great recipe for Vegetable Cutlets and I can't wait to have them tomorrow night. We have a few vegeterians going to our seder tomorrow and we wanted to make something special for them to eat. The recipe is as follows:
    1.5-2 Cups minced red or yellow pepper (or both)
    2 tablespoons of olive oil
    1.5 cups grated carrots
    2 tightly packed cups of raw spinach (stems removed and chopped)
    1 pound of potatoes mashed (I ended up ricing them)
    6 tablespoons of raw onion grated
    3 beaten eggs
    1 cup matzo meal
    vegetable oil (if you end up frying them, we are baking ours)

Saute the peppers in olive oil until soft, add onions in to saute near the end.
    Add remaining ingredients except vegetable oil and let stand for 30 minutes or overnights. Bring back to room temp.
    Cooking:
    Frying- 1/4 inch vegetable oil in large skillet. Make patties from a 1/4 cup of mixture. Fry for 6m on the first side then 3-4 on second until golden. Drain then serve immediately
    Bake- Lightly grease a baking sheet and place in preheated oven 350 degrees for around 10 minutes, bake for an addition 7-10 on second side.

Makes around 40 cutlets for 6-8 people.

The recipe came from The Passover Table by Susan Friedland.
  • fallon144
    fallon144 Posts: 40
    Options
    I was worried too, but I found I was able to meet my calorie goal with matzah, cream cheese, eggs, tuna fish, cheese, lots of leftovers (turkey, mashed potatoes, green beans, kugels, tzimmes, soup), apples and still room for dessert! I've been doing a lot of walking so that has helped too.

Good luck for the last 3 days! Chag Sameach!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I eat very little bread anyway, so upping the protein will probably see me through it.