Late night snacking

Options
Soo I know your not supposed to eat at least 3 hours before you go to bed... But im getting pretty hungry right now and Id like to grab a snack... Ill probly be going to bed within the next 30 mins.. Any suggestions? Should I grab somethin to eat or fight the urge?

Replies

• e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    drink a big glass of water and then see if you're still hungry...sometimes, you're actually just thirsty...
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have no prb sleeping with a grumble tummy, but if you cant fruit or yogurt i suggest
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    you can eat up until you go to bed. it doesn't matter. the old adage "do not eat for 3 hours before bedtime" is complete crap.
  • ftoddw
    ftoddw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think not eating 3 hours before bed is a mistake. It forces your body to burn muscle while you sleep, (catabolization) and causes you to wake up tired and hungry. I drink a protein shake or eat a small bowl of fat free cottage cheese right before I go to sleep (Cottage cheese has casein which helps to burn fat while you sleep and gives a restful night sleep). Taking ZMA (zinc, magnesium and vit b) or CLA (safflower oil) tabs also help in burning fat and aiding in a restful night.
  • theresaaugello
    Options
    I actually eat right before bed. Nothing bad happens if you eat. That seems to be a common misconception about "dieting". Just because you're sleeping doesn't mean that your body decides to stop working and sleep right along with you.

I HAVE read that you should watch the amount of liquid you take in before bed so that you can sleep the whole night through without having to get up and pee.The reason you weigh less in the morning than you do at night is because you sweat while you sleep. You also release water through your respirations and in the morning you pee out even more water.

Good luck! :)