none of us is better then anyone else...

Options
DreamLittleDarling
DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
RANT:

For all of you who feel the need to bash others, jump their case, tell them how wrong they are for "their way" of doing things...

JUST STOP!

is it really necessary to be so judgemental and hateful all the time? I mean, REALLY?! You would think being so negative all the time would make your life pretty miserable! Just be nice to everyone!

I thought this site was for support? There's WAY TOO MUCH mean-ness happening around here!

:END RANT

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I love you.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Really LIKE this post .... we are all in different places and need support not judgement.
  • leave the judging to God.
  • MrsFarrow
    MrsFarrow Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I haven't really read or been a target of any mean-ness! But that's poo!! Not good at all! I came to this site because everyone seems nice! I'll have to keep an eye out!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Agreed.
    :heart:
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    I agree....different things work for different people...I have read a couple of blogs on here that make me sick...they are so angry and maybe they are just angry with themselves but take it out on others. There are times to just keep your opinions to yourself!! I thought of posting my thoughts on these blogs but then felt I would just be contributing and would be just like them.
  • Sarawoods
    Sarawoods Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Amen to that sister!
  • AutumnisBSB
    AutumnisBSB Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just started reading a lot of the post today and I have already noticed that. WTH is wrong with people?

I totally agree! No one wants to surround themselves with such negativity anyway.
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I agree with you 100%! There are studies out that show that people who are negative and think negative are at greater risk for stress, depression, suicidal, memory loss and even Alzheimer’s disease! So.....STOP BEING NEGATIVE or you may end up a hot mess that wants to kill yourself but can't remember how to do it! Just saying!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    the ones that bug me the most are the ones that ask a specific question, cuz they want an answer to THAT question... then someone jumps on and starts giving their opinions, and doing it in a rude way, about what they asked, but it actually has nothing at all to do with the answer... if that makes sense!

that just drives me crazy! if you're not answering the question with info from your personal experience (like the poster is asking for) then why are you even responding at all?! GRR!!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    I agree with you 100%! There are studies out that show that people who are negative and think negative are at greater risk for stress, depression, suicidal, memory loss and even Alzheimer’s disease! So.....STOP BEING NEGATIVE or you may end up a hot mess that wants to kill yourself but can't remember how to do it! Just saying!

I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have laughed at that... but I did! LOL
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you are really focus on improving your body, then it shouldn't matter what ppl that don't know you say about you! Stay focus on your goal, if it bothers you that bad, turn your angry into energy and workout. You are not going to plz everyone, therefore some ppl on here are going to have a barbell stuck up there butt and run there mouths, just delete them from your list, its that simple. As a personal trainer I deal with clients that has the same issue, but like I tell them .." YOU ARE WORKING OUT FOR YOURSELF NOT THEM "..when you show them that it bothers you, then you let them win....NEVER GIVE UP, STAY STRONG MY FRIEND...
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Ok so I agree with the sentiment of your post op. However, I believe in individual exceptionalism, so some of us are better.than others. Furthermore when someone is looking for support of an incorrect or dangerous theory, it absolutely should be shot down so nobody gets hurt. When and discussing diet and nutrition there is a right and wrong answer and the wrong answer can cause serious problems in some cases. I am very happy to support anyone, but in doing so I'm not going to blow smoke up your butt just to make you happy.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    No, I've gotta go out and have fun
    At someone else's expense
    (Oh yeah)
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I drive really slow in the ultrafast lane
    While people behind me are going insane

I'm an *kitten*
    (He's an *kitten*, what an *kitten*)
    I'm an *kitten*
    (He's an *kitten*, such an *kitten*)

I use public toilets and pi$$ on the seat
    I walk around in the summertime saying
    "How about this heat?"

I'm an *kitten*
    I'm an *kitten*
    (He's the world's biggest *kitten*)

Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces
    While handicapped people make handicapped faces

I'm an *kitten*
    I'm an *kitten*
    (He's a real f#%king *kitten*)

Maybe I shouldn't be singing this song
    Ranting and raving and carrying on
    Maybe they're right when they tell me I'm wrong

Nah!

I'm an *kitten*
    I'm an *kitten*
    (He's the world's biggest *kitten*)

With thanks to Dr. Denis Leary for the lyrics to this song. And also, apologies to tldabney. I am NOT belittling your post, I actually agree with it, I intend only to shed a little levity on uptight folks who act as experts on ANY subject. I also include myself on occasion!
    I try to remember an old saying; "Opinions are like *kitten*, everyone's got one."

All we need is love and beer...
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    LOL Tami, I couldn't help myself! Glad you got a smile :).
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    Ok so I agree with the sentiment of your post op. However, I believe in individual exceptionalism, so some of us are better.than others. Furthermore when someone is looking for support of an incorrect or dangerous theory, it absolutely should be shot down so nobody gets hurt. When and discussing diet and nutrition there is a right and wrong answer and the wrong answer can cause serious problems in some cases. I am very happy to support anyone, but in doing so I'm not going to blow smoke up your butt just to make you happy.

all of that can be done without being hateful.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    Options
    @TDGee... I lloooovvvvvve that song. seriously.

you *kitten*.

=)
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have only seen love and support thus far on MFP but if you're experiencing negativity I am really sorry! That sucks! I don't tollerate it and would delete ANYONE who even went there. All the feedback I have received has been from a giving and nurturing place and is NEVER offered unless I ask! I just reached about 200 friends and they are all wonderful! I hope you don't see this stuff anymore.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I have only seen love and support thus far on MFP but if you're experiencing negativity I am really sorry! That sucks! I don't tollerate it and would delete ANYONE who even went there. All the feedback I have received has been from a giving and nurturing place and is NEVER offered unless I ask! I just reached about 200 friends and they are all wonderful! I hope you don't see this stuff anymore.

Sometimes this occurs on forums! Im having issues right now with a woman following me throughout a thread. Lol, Ive told her several times, but she ignores it and is continually being rude. Some people just get off on being miserable. I have fabulous MFP friends who support me, and you cant control forum behaviour. Good luck & welcome to MFP! :drinker:
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @believe, I just saw some of what you are going through on your thread. Such a shame :( I was just telling a friend about how great the support forums on MFP are and how not mean they are, but today I have noticed a LOT of snarky comments and overall unpleasantries on the forums. What's up with that?? I'm not always happy with my world and my scale stays in the same spot more often than not, but I don't take it out on anyone else!