Hello

Options
Rogns008
Rogns008 Posts: 51 Member
Hey, my name's Anthony and I'm here to lose weight. As a kid, I was always chubby. I was aware that I was overweight, but I never really tried to do anything about it. I would eat secretly and I do somewhat consider myself to be an emotional eater. The year before I went to college, I decided to turn my life around and work out and lose some weight. I went to the gym twice a day (about two hours total) and I did manage to lose a good deal of weight. I got down to about 190 lbs which had been the best of my adult life, but when I moved into the dorms I stopped working out and became content with my appearance. Through the years I slowly gained back the weight and over the last year and a half I gained at least thirty pounds. I now weigh the heaviest I ever have at about 260 lbs. I have been aware of this for the last month or so and I have maintained the weight rather than gain more, but I need to loose weight. I am not happy with the way that I look, the way that I feel, and I am not going to force myself into an early grave. I know that I can do this because I have lost weight in the past. This time I will not stop at 190 and be content, I will push towards my goal of 160-165 and I will maintain that weight rather than give up.

That about sums me up, and I look forward to my weight loss journey.

Replies

• Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Hi Anthony! Good job at making the decision to take action and lose weight! I too am at my heaviest I've ever been and I am finally making the commitment, and I want to be healthier. The few times I tried to "get in shape" I never really was serious about it and never used any kind of fitness tracker, I hope you find this website as useful as I have and I just joined yesterday :P
  • Rogns008
    Rogns008 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks and good luck to you!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Woot! So happy you are on board! There is a lot of support on this site, and you will really enjoy logging in every day because you will never feel alone! I'm glad we are taking this challenge on together. It will make it better for both of us!