P90X plyometrics HRM says I burned 1297 calories?

wmjrigo
wmjrigo Posts: 69 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Just seems to high. What do you guys think? By the way that was my first time doing it and dang that was dirty! but great!

I'm 6'1"
210 LBS.

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    How long was it?
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    That's about just about right my friend, I burn in the area of 1050- 1130 calories doing plyometrics everytime..
  • wmjrigo
    60 minutes
  • mallorybriann
    Damn, not bad. I'm jealous LOL.
    HRM's are usually pretty accurate
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    DANG!!! Now that's a ton of calories! I've heard of the p90x but didn't know much about it....it must be insanely difficult if it burns that many calories! I am currently on level 2 of the 30 day shred and only burning around 300 calories, though it's only a 20 minute workout.
  • wmjrigo
    What kind of HRM do you have?
  • mallorybriann
    I have the Polar FT4 with the chest strap.
    Love it :)
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Sportline w/o cheststrap
  • wmjrigo
    DANG!!! Now that's a ton of calories! I've heard of the p90x but didn't know much about it....it must be insanely difficult if it burns that many calories! I am currently on level 2 of the 30 day shred and only burning around 300 calories, though it's only a 20 minute workout.

Yeah. By the end I was drenched in sweat. Had to go outside and cool down.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    nice burn. thats why plyo is nicknamed the beast.
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    The funniest thing with the Plyometrics from P90X....The last time I tried doing it was last year. My ex was doing it and I told him..this can't be that hard...He swore it was just as hard as when he went through boot camp in the military...So I tried it. Now do to an injury I had years ago...my left leg is MUCH weaker than my right...So 15 min in or so...I complained I couldn't do it cuz my left leg was having issues with keeping up...Then the instructor introduced his "team" and one of the guys had a prosthetic leg...so there was no excuse for anyone...I still to this day wanna try to finish the whole thing!
  • FrodoB
    FrodoB Posts: 19
    I believe it. I almost always go over 1000 when I do PlyoX.
  • wmjrigo
    The funniest thing with the Plyometrics from P90X....The last time I tried doing it was last year. My ex was doing it and I told him..this can't be that hard...He swore it was just as hard as when he went through boot camp in the military...So I tried it. Now do to an injury I had years ago...my left leg is MUCH weaker than my right...So 15 min in or so...I complained I couldn't do it cuz my left leg was having issues with keeping up...Then the instructor introduced his "team" and one of the guys had a prosthetic leg...so there was no excuse for anyone...I still to this day wanna try to finish the whole thing!

Thats funny. Don't feel bad, my wife could only last 10 min and her legs are fine :-)
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    It's a beast, isn't it!! I usually get 600-700 (once I've taken off some calories for my RMR - for me that's 1cal/min of workout) so if you pushed hard I don't see why it wouldn't be true!!

Good effort!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    That's how I am after Jillian's 30 day shred, drenched in sweat, and I'm not to level 3 yet....
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Not unheard of. I had a few 1100+'s but I was also so big that I had to sleep on my stomach at night so I didn't cover my blowhole and suffocate. 1200+ at 210lbs is a REALLY good burn.
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    I'm doing the P90X lean program, which does not use Plyometrics. So one day I did Plyo instead of Cardio X ... I had to keep telling myself "If that guy with one leg can do this, you better make it until the end!, lol.
  • bnew2010
    bnew2010 Posts: 3
    OKay, this is a question I have? I know I saw someone that has a sport line with my strap HRM. I don't know if any of the other HRM have this problem but I also hit the buttons on the side and it turns off. I still haven't figured out how to work the damn thing. Can someone please help...???:cry:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    it's a tough workout I don't doubt you did burn that much if using a HRM. Just make sure you aren't getting "false" reads. sometimes mine freaks out and jumps to 220 which is not really waht my HR is.
This discussion has been closed.