Replies

• lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    All my calories in Cherry vodka sours once. The next day was noooooo bueno
  • kmal2t
    kmal2t Posts: 21
    Options
    this is a joke right? If this was serious then just because ur under cals doesn't mean its ok to eat 2000 cals in brownies or beer

beer may not have fat or sugar (its burned up in the process unless added) and it may not have a lot of carbs or cals (relatively speaking) but alchohol slows metabolism and causes retention etc and is terrible for weight loss.
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't like to be a downer on alcohol, and for the most part a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, but to the extremes it does slow weight loss.

I had a friend who, on a bet, lived off nothing but stout beer for 3 months. He did loose 15-20 lbs, but when you think about it, even a 20 lb loss over 12 weeks, isn't that much when you're talking about liquid diets. A while later he had to have a colonoscopy for some reason; the results were worse than expected for a 20-something year old guy. I don't know if the two were related, but just in case, I like to keep my alcohol at a 4 drink maximum unless its a special occasion.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have done all of my calories in beer and jager bombs on a few occasions :drinker: in my experience, alcohol has never slowed down weight loss, maybe it does a little, but not enough for me to notice. I used to drink heavily every day and lost weight without a problem, I was just exercising a lot too.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    helps grow man titties too. if you're into that.

:p
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    St pattys day I had 10drinks. Watched calories, drank light beer, and all drinks were mixed with cranberry juice (100% juice, not 20% like a lot of em). I also drank 2gallons of water that day instead of my standard one gal so that my body wouldn't be dehydrated by the alcohol. The next day I was 2lbs heavier. I thought I must have been bloated from it. Until days went by and I hadn't lost any thing...two weeks later I started to lose again. It really ****ed me up.. so I just drink a couple drinks now and call it good. I don't want anything to make me gain weight and stall my lose.