Shrimp

Options
I was jus given a HUGE box of shrimp (that I barely fit in the deep freezer) and I have no idea how to cook it lol. it's whole , like beady eyes and all and Im a bit intimidated.......... HELP!

Replies

• BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I was jus given a HUGE box of shrimp (that I barely fit in the deep freezer) and I have no idea how to cook it lol. it's whole , like beady eyes and all and Im a bit intimidated.......... HELP!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Find a yummy marinate and grill 'em:bigsmile:

Here's a thread on shrimp ideas:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/8862-any-ideas-for-shrimp?hl=shrimp#posts-62971
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Thank you Joanna much appreciated!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    very welcome hon:bigsmile:
    Let us know if you try something yummy:smile:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Someone did you a huge favor. Shrimp are just about the most calorie friendly, high in protein food there is.

I too love them grilled.

If they are big I would clean and shell them, use a small knife and put a slit in the middle, skewer them on fresh asparagus and grill them. Serve them with either cocktail sauce or salsa.

Also just grilled with Franks Original Hot Sauce (tastes like hot wings), serve with celery sticks.

I keep some cooked ones in my freezer all the time to put in soup and stir frys. Really simple for fast receipes. So I would boil, clean and shell a big batch and divide it into receipe sized bags and throw it back in the freezer.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Thank you again for the suggestion, yeah I deffinately need to seperate them out or Im not gonna be able to fit anything else in my freezer lol