Explain this

Options
i took it really easy this weekend. I usually do my ripped in 30 and have been getting the yard ready for spring. But I was very low energy and not feeling like exercise at all so I made myself do lesile sansone videos. Anywho, my weight which has been on a stand still for weeks decide to this morning to start falling off again.

To sum it up. Why after weeks of busting my balls do I take a easy weekend does the weight come off then? What is the science behind that?

I am not forgetting my multivitamin today I need energy.

Replies

• LillysGranny
    Options
    We tend to adapt to whatever we do/eat all the time and shaking things up with a different nutrient ratio or a new workout is often the the key to busting past a stall.
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    Mine did the exact same thing this weekend! I'm confused but sooo NOT complaining :laugh:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    When you workout intensely your muscle store water to aid in recovery and protect the muscle from damage. Most likely on the weekend when you took it easy, your muscles recovered and shed the water making it appear that you lost weight, when you just lost water, most if any fat loss would have happened prior to shedding the water weight. This is one reason the scale is not a good measuring tool. Try measuring yourself instead.
  • mommybgood
    Options
    Stress and the stress hormones that follow cause weight gain and weight retention. Perhaps after a very low stress period your body was able to let go.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    When you workout intensely your muscle store water to aid in recovery and protect the muscle from damage. Most likely on the weekend when you took it easy, your muscles recovered and shed the water making it appear that you lost weight, when you just lost water, most if any fat loss would have happened prior to shedding the water weight. This is one reason the scale is not a good measuring tool. Try measuring yourself instead.

^^ This. Also remember that taking time for recovery is just as important as exercising. Sometimes, less is more.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options

AHHHH, ok that makes sense.. Usually scale isn't my friend but the tape is. But today the scale was. I will measure myself. Thanks.
  • carrie_lebel
    Options
    Thanks all. I really think my body enjoyed a break from jillian. I enjoyed it too.