MEAL INSPIRATION.

OooLaurenooO
OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Hey guys...

Was just wondering if anyone has any food idea's they'd like to share...im running out of ideas. HELP!!

Replies

• Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    I need ideas too. I have found myself actually gagging trying to eat the same thing over and over.
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    I like stuffed mushrooms from Waitrose (150kcals) with Salad & Beetroot... add new potatoes if you need more kcals!

Or, Veg Stir fry... pre cut from Morrisons you can have a whole meal for 170kcals with sauce (Amoy Chow Mein) its delicious and can really keep your kcals down!!!
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Stuffed mushrooms, never thought of that, sounds yummy!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Made some Hungarian Beef Goulash this weekend really good and under 200 calories for a cup add in some whole wheat noodles and it is under 400 calories.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Homemade Chili with beans
    Chicken Salad made with low fat mayo
    Quesadillas made with low fat cheese, chicken, salsa and low carb tortillas
    Homemade fishsticks
    Baked chicken and bbq sauce with roasted veggies
    Low cal hotdogs
    Spaghetti made with lean meat and whole wheat pasta
    Homemade pizzas
    Taco/Chipotle Night
    Lean Hamburgers on Low Calorie Bread
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Home made pizzas are great, if you get two small 'good for you' style plain naans and top with some passata, onions, grilled chicken (we had tikka flavour), some peppers and a small amount of chedder and have this with a side salad, makes a great meal and you can control the calories by your toppings and the amount of cheese you have.

Making different marinades for your meats, especially chicken can change the taste of a whole meal.

A vegetable style lasagne, no meat just veggies and maybe some different varieties of beans and use grilled slices of courgettte and aubergine instead of the pasta sheets (you could use the pasta if you have the calories) and perhaps a bit of cheese on top.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Here's what I had last night - lemon chicken - marinade and cook 2 chopped chicken breasts in the juice of 2 lemons, 1 tsp soy sauce and 1tsp cornflour.
    Serve with noodle/veg stir fry.

Easy and delicious!!
  • brandywine100
    brandywine100 Posts: 3 Member
    - Chilli made with ground Turkey or ground chicken. I add a ton of veggies to it also
    - Pita Pizzas - Pizza made on a Whole wheat pita. I also add a ton of veggies and limit the cheese a bit.
    - Stuffed Chicken - 3oz chicken breast pounded out with cooked spinach, mushrooms, onions, green peppers and a little bit of
    feta placed on one side. Flipped over the other half of the chicken breast and bake in oven.
    -
This discussion has been closed.