Vitamin- Women's One a day

Options
Today was my first day taking the Women's One A Day multivitamin, everyone was telling me I should really be taking one so I did. Now I was looking for anyone who has taken and was wondering should I feel extremely nauseous....I took it as directed with a meal (my breakfast) and I honestly feel very very sick....is this normal?

Replies

• SamanthaSteg
    SamanthaSteg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I felt really sick when I first started taking one too. I think the feeling it went away within a week. I've been taking them everyday for two months now and every now and then I get that nauseous feeling but it never lasts very long
  • caligirl86
    Options
    yeah... usually i wait and take it after dinner( on a full stomach) or before i goto sleep.. i take the one a day womens metabolism.. i did feel sick when i first started.. muddle through.. you will be fine..
  • TinieeTee
    TinieeTee Posts: 17
    Options
    I have gotten sick off of vitamins in the past. maybe you should try a children's vitamin to start,
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take ANYTHING that made me feel sick! I'd stop taking it and take someother multivitamin. If you are looking to boost your metabolism, start working out if you haven't already. I had my metabolism professionally tested and mine is about as high as you can get it and it hasn't made me lose weight any faster than anyone else. All it has meant is I get to eat more calories and that I'm hungry more often. If you want the benefit of a multivitamin than take one, but don't take something that makes you sick! Gee-whiz!
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't... maybe you should take it at night when you go to bed? When I was pregnant I had to take my prenatal vitamins at bed time because they made me so nauseous.
  • Jessk63
    Jessk63 Posts: 51
    Options
    Thanks ladies....yea I think im just not used to them hopefully after I get in the routine of taking them it will stop!
  • Jessk63
    Jessk63 Posts: 51
    Options
    I know but it is only the first day....Im not taking the metabolism one just the normal one-a-day multivitamin, my doc has been pretty persisten that i take them so i thought id give it a go but trust me if i continue like this im going back to my ways of no pills at all haha
  • sjackson902
    sjackson902 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm taking the same vitamin every morning and at first it made me really queasy, too. I've been on them now for about a month and that awful sensation has gone away, but I'm also careful to take it after I've eaten breakfast.
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree, I always take my mulitvitamin after I've eaten my whole breakfast. It helps.
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Mine made me sick too! At first I was thought I was pg again. That would have put me in a looney bin!
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, I switched to the One A Day VitaCrave Gummies vitamins - I have no trouble taking those. And I love the flavor!!!! :smile:
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I get that too. I have to make sure I eat with it and drink TOnS of water. My prenatal vitamins used to make me sick too, I used to take them at night and it didn't bother me so much.