Logging exercise

Options
HI i have been on here over a month now and lost about 10Lb which is great. When i set out my goals i wanted to lose 2lb a week, i don't seem to be doing that. I set my lifestyle as lightly active as i have 3 children one a toddler who is everywhere. I have been logging the following exercise walking 4 times a week to school and back, netball for an hour at least twice sometimes three times a week, and jogging twice a week. My question is should i change from lightly active to very active and then not log the walking, netball and jogging.

5306960.png
Tools

Replies

• hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I would say keep it at lightly active, but don't log the little walking.
    That is already calculated.
    Or if you want to keep logging these things, take your level to sedetary.
  • sleepyminister
    Options
    I talked to my doctor about this as I just started here. He told me that I should "not count" the calories burned from the exercise, and only eat the allowed calories...not deduct the calories burned to allow myself to eat more. I don't know if you do this already or not, just a suggestion as he informed me. Go ahead and log the exercise, so you can keep track and encouraged, but daily ignore the calories burned to only eat the allowed calories and no more. Good luck and God bless!
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure i would count it as a little walking i didn't state it is nearly a mile to school so its nearly 2 there and back, and i walk very fast with a pushchair. i have been eating some of the exercise calories back but not all. Oh and the site says i should have 1200 net calories per day to lose 2Lb a week. Some days i can be burning over 500 calories so if i don't eat them back my net calories at the end of the day are then under 1000 which i though was bad.

5306960.png
    Tools