Still Stuck

Options
Not gaining....not losing. I have been working out hard for over a month. I have only been on this site for about a week. Can someone take a look at my diary and tell me what I might be doing wrong? I ran pretty much the same routine 10 years ago when I was in the police academy and the weight melted off. Now I am stuck at 229 pounds. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just looking over your diary for the past few days I would suggest you start tracking your sodium. I see you've included soy sauce on most days and that has a ton of sodium. I know personally whenever I eat soy sauce I retain water and the scales shows it the next day. If you just can't give up your soy sauce (its a tough one for me to let go of) try a less sodium soy and drink a LOT more water. Good Luck!
  • Deborah50
    Options
    I know what you mean , you just have to keep at it! They say the older you get the harder it is to come off. I'm in the same boat. I try to be as honest as possible with posting EVERYTHING I eat. Been following this program for almost three weeks now. Just remember , that our weight did come on over night so it's not going to leave us overnight. Keep coming back and working out!
  • lizzycomp
    lizzycomp Posts: 64
    Options
    Looks like most of the time you have too many calories left over to consume. Your body may think it's in starvation mode. Try eating more!
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thinking the same thing...how much sodium are you consuming?
    that was the first thing I thought of when I looked at the diary.

I know I am really sensitive to sodium so it is always in my sights when I read labels and ingredients.

hang in there.
  • myowncrazycool
    myowncrazycool Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't think the tablespoon of soy sauce i your problem. I would say two things: I looked at your exercise log and you are doing a lot of weight lifting, which will make you gain muscle (have you been checking your measurements because you will be shocked at how your inches will go down, but the scale won't move when you weight train). Also, make sure you are eating your carbohydrates before your runs and your protein after all workouts. You need protein within 1 hour after a workout to repair muscle and keep your body from hanging onto the fat. One last thing, you may try eating more calories for a week, then going back down to your calories specified by MFP. Stay true to the type of food you eat, but your body will be tricked by this because it gets used to the same calories day in and out. Good luck!! (BTW...I lost 50 lbs through Curves and a lot of research, so I don't know everything, but these things I mentioned have worked for me).

Kelly
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    By looking at your diary you need to track your sodium. The amount of sodium you take in can make or break your weight loss. You also need to eat your exercise calories or as many of them as you can. Hope this helps. Goodluck...
  • wjprice01
    wjprice01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was doing 1240 cals on here for 3weeks and hit a stand still also. My buddies on here suggested I was not eating enough, so they told me to increase my cals and I did by 500 a day and I have started to lose weight again. Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for just over 3 weeks and last Monday I decided not to eat carbs after my breakfast and eat much more protein and drinks lots of water. (I also exercised) and got the scale moving - nearly 4lb down.

My diary is open if you wanted to look.x