What the heck is going on??

Options
I am almost through my second week and had a pretty substantial weight loss the first week. It has slowed considerably so I decided to take some measurements and see if I was losing inches. I'm down an inch on my waist, half an inch on my arms and calves, but UP half an inch on my thigh and TWO inches on my hips!! How can this be? Feeling VERY discouraged right now!

Replies

• fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    The first weeks big loss is mostly water weight. Hence the reason you lost mostly from your waist. But also remember. You have to be very precise when measuring. If you measure higher up on your thigh the second time then you did the first time you are going to get a very different result. This could be the drastic difference there. The waist is easier since your belly button doesn't move. But the hips and thighs are very easy to meassure differently each time because the tape meassure slips or just could be in a slightly higher or lower spot than before.
  • snackaddict
    Options
    Isn't the first week weight loss mainly water weight? I only lose 1 pound last week and I was discouraged. Keep at it. You can do it.
  • Ballmom22
    Ballmom22 Posts: 27
    Options
    I agree it must just be an oops in measuring, if you don't hold it just right everytime you are bound to getting crazy stuff happening :) Just keep it up, you know you are working hard and taking steps in the right direction. I used to be OBSESSED with weighing myself everyday but fortunatly have been able to kick the habit because I just found it non productive, I would so easily get discouraged. At the end of the day if you know you have done all that you can, you just have to find a way to be satisfied with your efforts and you will show progress. KEEP IT UP!!!