Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Trying to maintain weight

Hiya,i have now lost 12stone and maintained it within a stone for over a year!It wasnt easy though and this is my second time but the first time i lost i put it all back on and more within 8 mths but it was due to going into a very early menapause brought on by losing so much weight,quite ironic really!!As soon as the doctors realised they got me settled onto hrt and i managed to egt it all back off again and more!This time its never going back on altho i do find it very hard to maintain even though i workout 5 days of the week doing everything from general gym work to boxersize,zumba,body pump,rpm aqua and pilates!!I also power kite too which gives me a great buzz aswell as a great workout :0) I have found there is loads of places sites and clubs to help you to lose weight altho i did it all myself,but there is nothing to help you to mainatain your weight given how difficult this can be i find it quite irritating!!I find im very obsessed now and find it difficult to eat out ect my hubbie says im a nightmare and still have body dismorphia (i think im much bigger than i am) Would love to hear from other ppl who have become like me.And hear any advice pleeeeeese on how to deal with all this!!!

Replies

• Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Hi there! there is a group of us just like you.......

search for the maintenance thread part 2-- under the community and you'll be in good company!
  • great stuff thanks so much x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!