100 reasons to lose 100lbs....

Options

Replies

• kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I love this. It makes me sad how many I feel apply to me.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    great list, theres so many on the list that apply to me :-( makes me sad but it gives me motivation to stay positive and keep on with my journey untill i reach my goal .....there is so much things i would like to do and buy but cant because my weight :-(
    I WILL REACH MY GOAL AND BE HAPPY AND CAN DO ALL THINGS I NEVER COULD DO BECAUSE MY SIZE :-)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Love it! Definitely a good list to return to and read when I start feeling like all the work isn't worth it.
  • Michelle228
    Michelle228 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love this . Thanks for posting it ! reading all of those almost made me cry because i feel that way about myself all the time. Drives my husband crazy how much I actually hate myself but im finally motivated and starting to do something about it and that is what matters ! that list gave me a whole other motivation boost !!!!! im going to copy and paste and print that out !
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Bump! This is a great one!
  • KaylaBlu2019
    KaylaBlu2019 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow I really love this.. it's like it was made for me! (i.e. my user name haha).

The bra one really hit home for me. That's all I want! I want to be able to wear a normal bra not a sports bra. ugh! (okay that's not all I want but it's a big one for me!)
    Every time I try to buy a bra the cup size becomes too big because I need the width to be so big! Gr..
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I've printed this out and have highlighted every item that's true for me today. Every so often I'm going to go through this list and note which things aren't true for my anymore because I'll have lost more weight!

THANK YOU.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I am here to tell you all those things are true. And you CAN do it and you won't believe how good it feels. And thank you for reminding me how far I've come. I lost 100 pounds 5 years ago. I'm still trying to lose the last 30 or so pounds and I get frustrated because it just isn't happening. But life is definitely much better at a size 12 than it was at a 26.

The first time I sat in an airplane seat, easily fastened the seat belt, didn't bulge over on either side of the seat, and best of all, was able to put the tray table all the way down, was just incredible. I didn't even have anything to put on it, I just kept it down because it felt so good to look at it sitting there down flat with a space between me and it. It used to come halfway down and hit my stomach. I rode a rollercoaster and didn't worry about the harness fitting or coming off.

Just today I bought a dress on sale at Macy's...Off the Rack! I like to shop at second hand stores for designer labels and now I can. Before, nothing ever fit except cast offs from Lane Bryant. I bought a long Ralph Lauren dress for an event 2 years ago, new with the tags still on it at a second hand store. I wore it to the event 2 years ago and I just took it to have it shortened today because it's going to be a smokin hot little black dress.

I have climbed on climbing walls and ridden on zip lines with no fear that the harness would not fit. I ballroom dance and bicycle long distances. I remember having to ask for a table instead of a booth when I went to restaurants because in a booth the edge of the table would cut into my stomach. Even after 5 years, I still look at the space between me and the booth table in total amazement.

I have experienced each and everything on that list. And although I still feel not so great in a swimsuit, and I wish I had done this in my 30's instead of when I was 45, it was still so worth it. So to each one of you, I just want to say, keep going. Don't give up. When you blow it, start right back at your next meal as if you never stumbled. You CAN do this. I had been morbidly obese for over 15 years and thought I was too far gone to ever change. If I did it, so can you.
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    17 - pantyhose that fit! Can't wait for this day, at the moment I have to wear a second pair of undies on the outside to hold them up - unfortunately it doesn't make me look just like wonder woman...

What i really would love is those ones with the lacy top that you hook up to a garter belt....
  • alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've printed this out and have highlighted every item that's true for me today. Every so often I'm going to go through this list and note which things aren't true for my anymore because I'll have lost more weight!

THANK YOU.

Awesome idea!!!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Great post. TY!
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love, LOVE this!!!! =D
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I've read every word of that, and can identify with sooooo many of your points!
    Thanks so much for typing this all out, it's fabulous!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    bump
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    wanna read this later!
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    So true....Becasue i'm worth it.
  • tmptina
    tmptina Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    #100 is the best:flowerforyou:
  • allnewellie
    allnewellie Posts: 156
    Options
    i have another one! to be able to buy vacation t shirts...my boyfriend has taken me so many wonderful places and i always want a t shirt but they don't have them in my size....

Good one!
  • Dottie27
    Dottie27 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great list! Shows why the support of MFPs for each other is so important and number 100 is the reason!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!