No Cold Cuts on Crusty Corrugated Cardboard, please…

Options
Nogo
Nogo Posts: 105 Member
I am looking for a nice “juicy” low calorie, low fat, whole grain, not too thick so it will roll up nice, tortilla or flat type thing to make roll ups as an alternative to bread. I say juicy because I don’t want it to be dry so it has to be doused with condiments in order to make it edible. Since I have the resource of this phenomenal MFP Community I can be lazy and just ask for tips instead of researching this myself & feeding all the inedibles to my dog. He would like that though. I also think the grocery would frown upon me sitting on the floor with all the items spread around, packages opened and me taste testing.

Thank you!

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    la banderita low carb low fat soft taco size torrtillas are good. really soft 81 cals
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mama Lupe's low carb tortillas.I think it's like, 3 net carbs per tortilla. Very yummy!
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat Mission whole grain torillas, burrito size (so they're bigger than the taco ones), and I think they're really good. They're 120 calories but, considering 1 piece of the Arnold's 7 grain bread that I buy is 120 calories and a sandwhich takes 2 pieces of bread, I think it's a pretty good deal! They also have spinach, which I think I'm going to buy next time.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love Flatout Light flat breads. It makes delicious sandwiches, fajitas, etc. Highly reccommend.

http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/flatout-wraps/flatout-light/
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I bought some whole wheat tortillas at Walmart a few weeks ago. They are Bimbo brand. 120 cals and 4g of fat per tortilla, and they aren't too cardboard-y like some of the other wheat tortillas I've tasted. They are really soft and roll up great.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita Bread. They're flat, super soft and made the best turkey taco wraps last night. My youngest likes to warm them up and eat them plain!
    60 calories a wrap. 2fat grams, 6 grams of protein and 4 g of fiber.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I love Flatout Light flat breads. It makes delicious sandwiches, fajitas, etc. Highly reccommend.

I love these! Very soft...not dry at all!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Try the Flatouts (80 cal I think) or La tortilla makes a great low carb, high fiber one @ about 50 cal.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I am particular about my tortillas too, since I bring a healthy burrito to work for dinner almost every night. I'd suggest a brand called Ole Xtreme Wellness, they're really good! They have them at Kroger and Wal-mart, and have different ones like whole wheat, jalapeno cheddar, and sundried tomato and basil. I was surprised how soft they were when I poened the package. 71 cals each, 2 g fat, 17 carbs, a bit higher on the sodium, but they're very good.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran and Whole Wheat Pita Bread. They're flat, super soft and made the best turkey taco wraps last night. My youngest likes to warm them up and eat them plain!
    60 calories a wrap. 2fat grams, 6 grams of protein and 4 g of fiber.

I second this. They are delicious- I use them in place of bread for nearly everything.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am particular about my tortillas too, since I bring a healthy burrito to work for dinner almost every night. I'd suggest a brand called Ole Xtreme Wellness, they're really good! They have them at Kroger and Wal-mart, and have different ones like whole wheat, jalapeno cheddar, and sundried tomato and basil. I was surprised how soft they were when I poened the package. 71 cals each, 2 g fat, 17 carbs, a bit higher on the sodium, but they're very good.

I like these, too. I also like the La Tortilla Factory 50 calorie tortillas. They are a little on the fiber-y side, so I always add spinach or greens to hide that texture.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

I love these! Very soft...not dry at all!

I agree! And they make great pizza's too!