this is so not working

Options
I am working out and eating properly except on occasion when i am with my spouse we have some home made beer, but seriously I am gaining and gaining I am now up to 138 pounds. This weight is effecting my joints. Very discouraged about all of this

Replies

• LindseyC87
    LindseyC87 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    open your diary to the public and let people see if theres anything in your diet your doing wrong.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    maybe get your thyroid checked
  • stephmn
    stephmn Posts: 18
    Options
    Make sure you're eatting enough calories everyday. I had that issue before I started at MFP and I realized I was consuming fewer that 1200 calories everyday. Once I increased my calories, I started losing.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    If you are having beer weekly it will effect your weight. You have to be completely dedicated to see a loss, this includes getting in at least 10 glasses of water each day, not eating 2 1/2 hours before bed, consuming only "clean" and healthy food (nothing processed), eating back some exercise calories, getting in the correct intensity during exercise, and getting enough sleep. Everything you do will show up on the scale.
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of things that it could boil down to, the best thing you can do is make your diary public - this will help (if you're logging everything).

Things that could affect your weight:
    *Recent or upcoming TTOTM
    *Water intake (too much or too little)
    *Sodium in-take
    *Not even calories
    *Not even exercise/too many calories
    *Type of food you're eating, or when you are eating it.
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    "I am really struggling since yesterday. I am eating properly but all of a sudden I have that starving feeling. My body just won't get satisfied for some reason. I have been drinking lots of water to help but it is not. Any thoughts. Help!"

You posted this on another thread five days ago. You need to open up your diary. I have a feeling that you're denying your body some type of nutrient that it's craving - badly. Someone will see it and point you in the right direction. Feed the body correctly, nix the hunger and get back on track. :-)
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    open your diary to the public and let people see if theres anything in your diet your doing wrong.

I agree, It's helpful to get some real feedback from your food log. It could be in the choices you are making that you might not realize.

Also, how many calories are you planning for per day? You might me set too low at 1200 calories and if you are exercising and not eating those extra calories your body could be in starvation mode. I am 138 lbs and I need to eat around 1400 calories/day plus extra calories for exercise. If I stick to that goal I lose around 1-2 lbs per week which is perfectly healthy. If I don't eat that much I end up not losing or gaining.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should open your food diary so that we can make suggestions based on your habits. Also, I've found that when I drink I wake up with joint pain in my feet and ankles, sometimes my knees.

Also, how tall are you?
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Monica, I thought your Doctor was helping you with some of this? If so, I think he may be off on that carb intake thing he told you. I really believe you need more carbs than what he is telling you. Let's see your diary:)
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you are having beer weekly it will effect your weight. You have to be completely dedicated to see a loss, this includes getting in at least 10 glasses of water each day, not eating 2 1/2 hours before bed, consuming only "clean" and healthy food (nothing processed), eating back some exercise calories, getting in the correct intensity during exercise, and getting enough sleep. Everything you do will show up on the scale.

I'm glad that you have found something that works for you. However, I do need to eat 2 1/2 hours before bed to keep my blood sugar from dropping too low. I also think that having a drink once a week isn't going to throw your goal off track. Now if you are drinking more than that, yes it will be an even bigger battle to over come. I drink a glass of wine at least once a week but I plan for it to be with in my calories.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options

Not entirely correct....

I have beer every weekend...
    I eat some processed foods...
    I do not drink ten glasses of water (however I do get plenty of fluids)
    I always eat 2 hrs before bed time...

I have lost weight...

Everyone is different, I hope you find what works for you!
  • NoAdditives
    Options

Most people actually shouldn't eat that close to bedtime, especially if carbs are included in that snack/meal. Carb will cause your body to release insulin, which stops the body's fat burning processes until the carbs are completely digested. and, if you eat more carbs or fats (even good ones) than your body needs for energy at that time the excess will be stored as fat.

I've also never been "completely dedicated", I've had days off from counting calories, missed days at the gym, etc. and I actually saw more loss when I still had some "bad" habits. Everyone is different, what works for one person may not work for another.
  • wifeofsnoh8r
    Options
    I was asked how tall I am...I am down in size to 4' 9"
  • NoAdditives
    Options
    It looks like your goal weight is pretty good for your height. I suggest logging more consistently to track your foods better, and get some exercise. From the few days that are completed it looks like you're eating a lot of refined carbs and aren't drinking enough water. Carbs, especially refined carbs, make your body release insulin, which stops the body's fat burning processes. Not drinking enough water will cause your body to retain water. Start drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day and eat more fresh vegetables and fruits. Also replace the refined carbs from white rice and processed foods with whole grains. You also need a lot more protein.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. While some individuals see wonderful weight loss results by sticking to Plan A, others may not be able to follow it for whatever reason, and choose to go with Plan B. Then, someone else might come along and choose Plan C and see incredible results, but the person doing Plan A could never follow that plan. I don't mean to make it sound so confusing, but the fact of the matter is, there is no magical formula that will work for every person.

I drink. I have on average one beer a day, or one glass of wine a day. Sometimes I have more, sometimes I have less. I also rarely eat breakfast, and have been known to indulge in cheesecake or a lovely steak. I am currently at my lowest weight in years. If I had to eat a strict diet of no beer, only clean foods, drink X amount of water a day, and figure out the math involved behind carbs and protein and fat grams, I'd go nuts. I'd feel so deprived.

I am going to attempt to follow a "cleaner" eating plan once I move out and get settled, because I feel it will be cheaper for me. I don't want to spend the money baking cheesecakes or eating at restaurants, because that money is going elsewhere now (rent). However, that being said, it is entirely up to the individual to see what works for them. If they can (or need to) follow a very strict eating plan, by all means, go for it. If they need to experiment, and find that allowing themselves to eat whatever they want in moderation, then great! Sometimes a specific diet plan that reduces carbs works wonders for individuals. It's just a matter of finding what works best for you :)
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Try tracking your food more consistantly and measure everything! It is so easy for our estimates to be off. Lots of water, count your drinks, things will turn around for you soon.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    i looked at your dairies...youre not even eating properly and if you are youre not logging it. log it and then you can get help and if thats really all youre eating you arent eating enough.