LOW CALORIE EASY RECIPES! HELP!

Tiana405
Tiana405 Posts: 270 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I'm needing some GOOD low calorie recipes that are simple and inexpensive (for the most part). Any ideas would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
  • Tiana405

THANKS!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Most fish/shellfish can be made into very low calorie meals. Some places sell the imitation crab meat for as little as .99 a packet and that is very low cal. That can be stirred into some brown rice with spinach leaves, peppers and onions, seasoned to taste. You can also use flavored vinegars for a lot of flavor in your food for next to no calories. Good luck!
  • Tiana405
    Most fish/shellfish can be made into very low calorie meals. Some places sell the imitation crab meat for as little as .99 a packet and that is very low cal. That can be stirred into some brown rice with spinach leaves, peppers and onions, seasoned to taste. You can also use flavored vinegars for a lot of flavor in your food for next to no calories. Good luck!

oh wow! sounds awesome! thanks so much!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    http://www.myrecipes.com/healthy-diet/meals-under-300-calories-10000001920441/all.html

there's a ton of ideas here. some are easy, some are freezable, most are DELICIOUS. this is kinda my go-to bookmark when i'm looking for new ideas.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I use boneless/skinless chicken breasts as 4oz are only 120 calories and they are VERY versitle and if found on sale, cheap. I also have taken a liking to ham. Now just watch the sodium, but its pretty low cal as meats go, and usually on sale 2 8 oz hamsteaks for 5.00 at our local grocery store. I use salsa(cheap or can be made at home really cheap), brown rice, lots of veggies and make meals out of it.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    bump
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    bumpy! Great question :):smile:
  • I like this website!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    bump...will look later at the links and the recipes shared
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    To going to the Food Network on-line they have A LOT of low cal and easy to make recipes. I made one from their website this weekend! If you like pork it's a great recipe! Let me know if you want it and I can get it to you!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    My favorite, because I hardly ever shop and most of this is always in my pantry or freezer.

Serves 4, 204 cals per serving.

3/4 pound chicken breast, boneless, cut up
    3 tsp curry powder
    2 tsp canola oil
    2 cloves chopped garlic
    2 tsp grated ginger root
    1 large green pepper
    1 can, pineapple chunks in juice
    2 Tbsp honey
    1/2 tsp table salt

Combine chicken and curry in bowl.
    Heat large skillet and add 1 tsp oil, ginger and garlic for 30 seconds, add green pepper strips. Cook for about 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to keep warm.
    Add remaining oil and add chicken. Cook until almost done and add pineapple, juice and honey. Cook 2 minutes.
    Add peppers and salt and cook until juice has cooked down and what's left is thicker. Add more curry to taste.

Sometimes with rice, mostly on its own. I've done it with sliced firm tofu as well, it really picks up the garlic then.
This discussion has been closed.