Wedding Dress

Options
I got married in August of last year... and when I did I was a size 10. Dress fit me a little tight but nothing too bad. So this weekend we were at my husbands condo (which we can't sell because of the economy) and I saw my dress in the closet. I thought I would try it on... and it was loose. I was never "heavy" but I was not healthy, so when I started this program I was really happy to lose 28lbs. Then to try on my dress and see it was loose was really emotional for me. I called my husband into the room and showed him my victory, and he was proud.

It wasn't until this AM while I was walking into work that I realized how emotional this journey really was. A coworker of mine made a comment about how great I look and I told her about the dress and I started to tear up. I am not normally someone who cries but it just overwhelmed me... crazy how emotional this really is.

Congrats to everyone who takes this journey and I have a new respect for all of you.

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    It is very emotional and you should be very proud of yourself because you set a goal and reached it.

Your story is also very inspirational .... it reminds me that one day I will be in your 'dress' ......
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    It is very emotional, but I'm sure it was an awesome feeling when you tried on your dress once again. We're all very proud of you here and you're an inspiration to us all!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome Inspiration! Maybe I will get a chance to put my wedding dress back on and do the same! :blushing:
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey ^_^ That's a huge victory, and something to be very proud of!
  • loseatonlady
    Options
    How incredible & welcome to the group! You're right - it is a VERY emotional journey and it's great that you are taking time to recognize that! Don't hesitate to call on you MFP friends for support and encouragement - as well as sharing these victories! So important! Congrats girl - you earned this victory! :wink: