Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stomach bug and protein shake (Phd Pharma Whey Protein)

Hi guys,

Been ill for the past week with gastroenteritis - stomach bug. Now I'm not sure but I have had some people say that the protein shake Phd Pharma Whey could be a cause of the upset stomach. I changed up my protein shake last tuesday from Super Whey to Phd Pharma Whey just to get more protein and to try a new supplement. The day after on Wednesday night I became ill with stomach cramps, which has resulted in this stomach bug. I have a feeling that the shake may play a part but I'm more convinced it's just a virus going around.

Has anyone ever experienced any problems like this with their protein shakes?

Looking to get better soon and back on track with my diet loss but do want some opinions on this subject before I get back on the shakes! Feel awful at the moment as I've hardly eaten anything for a week apart from toast and soup, and haven't really managed to get onto log my food - wouldn't be worth it to be fair!

Thanks guys.

Replies

• cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Hey

Sorry to hear you've been ill.

My boyfriend and I use a lot of Phd products - we probably have 5 or 6 different ones at home, and i've never had a problem with stomach bugs or anything from them.

Fingers crossed it was just a bug and you get better soon!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    sounds more like a bug.....I also had trouble with protein shakes....but as soon as i stop them trouble was gone. It didn't last for more than the day.

Sorry you've been ill, take good care :)
  • ashkaps
    ashkaps Posts: 32
    Thanks guys, I didn't think that the prime reason would be the protein shakes. I was just told by some people that they can cause upset stomachs!