Pizza? Really?

Options
So my Boyfriend thinks that my calorie counting journey is funny... I'm trying to lose some weight before bikini season and our BIG swimsuit trip to the Dominican Republic. I'm not horribly over weight but I would like to lose a few pounds before we go.

The reason I'm posting this is because he thinks it would be the funniest thing to bring pizza home for dinner because I can't eat it!
I'm so frustrated. Is there anything that I can eat that will help off set those cravings that is extremely quick and easy that you can think of?

Help me please!!! Thanks guys

Replies

• BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    When I'm craving pizza I eat Lean Cuisine Pizza...its low in calories, pre portioned, and it satifys those cravings. Thats terrible he would do that! >:(
  • crystal10584
    Options
    some places offer thin wheat crust... that should help offset things...
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    There are some GREAT recipes out there for homemade pizzas using pita bread (or even whole wheat pre-baked dough). You control the toppings you put on there and you know exactly what you are eating. Load it up with veggies. And, perhaps you could convince your boyfriend to make his own rather than bringing one home. He could load it up with all the crap he wants on it. I know my family and I love making our own pizzas and you can be really creative. If you buy pre-made dough, get a personal pizza size, and eat half of it with a salad and save the other half for lunch. Best of luck!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Make a homemade pizza. That way you can control what goes into it, what kind of cheese, how much fat, etc...
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I'd just have half a slice of pizza and a giant salad or a big plate of veggies. My family is the same way, so I tend to eat a bit of what they're having and a bunch of green beans.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    My first thought is.... Why can't you eat it? Unless you're someone who can't limit themselves to one or two slices, I personally believe that denying yourself is pointless and ends up backfiring. If you make room for it in your daily intake (keep other sodium and carbs down, do some exercise for extra cals, etc), there's no reason not to have some, IMO.

That said, if you're determined not to have any, then fill up on good stuff - lots of lean protein, good fats and good carbs. Nutrient density will help control the cravings. Also, drink plenty of water.
  • 224BILL
    224BILL Posts: 29
    Options
    If you are craving pizza Lean Cuisine has a french bread or other kinds that are pretty good low calorie but high in sodium options.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    If you want pizza, pick yourself up a frozen kashi pizza. They are delicious and have good carbs, protein, and fiber...and you can eat half the pizza (at least that is what I do)!
  • lrfry1
    lrfry1 Posts: 3
    Options
    If you want him to bring home take out, suggest a delite pizza from papa murphys. Here's the link for th nutritional content. 2 slices isn't so bad if you get out and walk a bit that same day. I even ordered a treat of it for the family for dinner tonight...pepperoni!

http://www.papamurphys.com/pdf/Nutrition_Info.pdf
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Make your own! I love making a tomato/basil pizza when hubby gets a nerve to bring Domino's home. Jerks.

Then he tries to steal mine, and I tell him to get away!
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving pizza I eat Lean Cuisine Pizza...its low in calories, pre portioned, and it satifys those cravings. Thats terrible he would do that! >:(

i didn't think of buying some lean cuisine pizza's . I could have those on hand in the freezer for when he tries to sabatoge... Thanks!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    That's not nice of him! But you can have 1 slice and eat veggies or a salad to help you feel full and have a more nutritious meal.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I told my husband on Thursday... "If you bring Little Ceasars into this house I will kick you in the head and throw the pizza into the front yard". It seemed to deter him from that particular choice.
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    My family has pizza all the time. I should pick up a couple of those lean cuisine pizzas.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would have a slice of pizza. Not allowing yourself something yummy will make you crave it all the more and could lead to eating too much later on. Ask for a thin crust cheese pizza slice. don't eat the crust. Plan for it by cutting something else out and make sure you workout that day. I'm losing weight by not taking out the foods I like but, changing how much I eat. I eat pasta, pizza, and bread. I just eat less of them and pay attention along with working out. hope this helps.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have had Digiorno pizza a few times. I usually only eat one or two pieces. It does the trick. I ONLY eat it if I'm within my cals. Its not gonna kill you to eat it once in awhile. I've had steady weight loss. I understand you want to be strict and lose this weight, but eating "A" piece of pizza is not gonna derail your weight loss. Eating several pieces often is what is going to derail you.

I'm just saying.

BTW...I think that totally sucks that your BF isn't more supportive. I think that is of more concern that a piece of pizza.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to sabatage my healthy eating too. French bread pizza is good - and u can control what you put on it. Organic marinara or pizza sauce & low fat cheese chicken onions :)
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well that seems evil! Sounds like something my fiance would do. Personally I love pizza and my problem is I usually can't stop at one piece. I would try the lean cuisine route if you really want pizza. We had pizza the other day at work and even though I was able to limit myself to one slice I still saw a gain on the scale : (
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If you want him to bring home take out, suggest a delite pizza from papa murphys. Here's the link for th nutritional content. 2 slices isn't so bad if you get out and walk a bit that same day. I even ordered a treat of it for the family for dinner tonight...pepperoni!

http://www.papamurphys.com/pdf/Nutrition_Info.pdf

Sounds so good. but he's the all meat and cheese and bad stuff on pizza eater... lol but maybe i can get him to bring me a small healthy one when he's being difficult. Great idea :)
  • Hanna82
    Hanna82 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    When I felt like my boyfriend wasn't being supportive it almost was the end of us. It's hard feeling like the person who should support you the most isn't being supportive but what's worse than being unsupportive is throwing it in your face. Have a serious talk with that guy.

As for the pizza try alternatives like getting thin crust, light on the cheese and avoid toppings like pepperoni, bacon, sausage or other things and go for philly meat or veggies.