garden growers only!

Options
2»

Replies

• Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    When we started on our garden 20 years ago, it was a barren back yard. Now we have fully landscaped. Have Rasperries, Strawberries, Rhubarb, and Blue berries that bear fruit every year. We have thousands of bulbs that come up every year (at different times). Roses. Built a deck. 3 Fire pits. Elevated flower beds. Hanging Baskets, Covered patio with walkway to deck.

When we started, I had no clue. Just bought what I thought looked good and planted it. If it came back the next year, I got more of the same; if not, I tried something else. We have been working around the weather, but will be done this year with planting on May 13. Doing a little each week. When we are done, I will post pictures.
    can't wait to see the pics!
  • bpsbentleybabe
    Options
    Yes, I grow lots of things due to the ideal conditions where I live. Northern California in Sunset's zone 16 is ideal for most plants. Sounds as if you like to grow food?
    We have rhubarb and asparagus to harvest this year after letting them establish their root systems for the last 3 years. Also, lemons, limes, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and a wide range of herbs. It's a small garden but well laid out for success!
    Every year my son, 8, and I also plant our veggie area. This year is tomatoes, beans, peas, lettuces and endive.

Good luck!