new challenge start date April 25

Options
mk820
mk820 Posts: 137 Member
I've slowed way down losing weight and don't exercise formally at all.....about time for me

So I figure if I start a challenge I'll have to keep up

The goal is 3 hrs of exercise a week. Doesn't matter what it is, just make sure you log it.

1. Starts Monday, April 25.

2.Post 3 hrs of exercise a week.

3. Weigh in is your normal day. If you normally weigh in on Wed. then that is your start day. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

4. We will have 7 teams...so it is a group challenge as well as an individual challenge. There are 7 teams...Mon weigh in team, Tues weigh in team etc..

5.Send me your screen name, start weight, measurements, BMI

6. After the first week send your Weight, Screen name and hrs exercising.

7. Once a month we will do measurements, BMI, as well as regular stuff.

8. Please send your info to me as send message or as a friend. If we get enough people it will be hard to follow everything on our thread.

9. Feel free to use our thread for challenges, successes or to razz another team.

10. We will jointly decide when to up the hrs. of exercise. We want to keep it challenging.

11. People can join anytime. Let me know you are new and what day you will weigh in.

12. I'll post ongoing weekly results, team and top 10 individuals, maybe??

I'm open for suggestions, I've never done this before, but I always seem to late to join stuff. Now I have no excuse!!

Anyone in?

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I'll send over my info
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    I'll try it, too!! I have never done a challenge before, but it sounds great!!
  • JLSTEGEM
    JLSTEGEM Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    count me in! I'll send you my info. Thanks
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    I like it! Will send you my info when I'm home tonight:D
  • h2onut
    Options
    Mmmm - already chewing on some ruffage - LOVE IT:D
  • h2onut
    Options
    Mmmm - already chewing on some ruffage - LOVE IT:D

Haha - sorry, wrong group:D
  • h2onut
    Options
    Ok, question already... which measurements are you wanting (I take several that I'm sure most don't take;) and... which starting weight - MFP or challenge starting weight?
    Thanks!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi! Count me in! Although I will need to do measurements, I usually just weigh myself. :)
  • mk820
    Options
    Ok...Today starts our challenge. 3hrs of exercise a week. If you haven't sent me your stats do it sometime this week and I'll post the group here.
    It might be easiest for me if you friend me and send them that way so I don't miss anyone.
    ps I've never done this before so I'm open to suggestions!!

We have 15 people so far.
  • mk820
    Options
    Hey All-
    Today was the day from hell. I went into work early to post everyone's stats. My kitchen aide called in sick. that meant I had to work in the kitchen all day prepping lunch. In middle of that I get called into my boss's office. Some high muckity muck from city hall was there and gave me my pink slip. (not unexpected....12 of us got them in my center...600 people throughout the city) Back to the dish room where i was pushing the dishes through the dish washer. I turned a fell over a dish rack and spent 5 hrs at the hospital.

Well tomorrow is a new day as we say and since I can't stand on my feet for 24 hrs I will have lots of time to post everything. I just have to wait until the vicodin wears off:bigsmile:
  • Lost_it
    Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bumping just in case I want to join later
  • h2onut
    Options
    Oh no Mary Kay - that's no good at all! I hope resting today helped... keep me posted on how you're doing please!
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    Hey Mary Kay,

What a horrible day!! I am so sorry. I hope things get better soon, and you feel better!! Yes, please let us know how you are doing!!

You are in my thoughts
  • nmpresto
    nmpresto Posts: 157
    Options
    Sounds like things could not have gotten much worse the other day, thats the positive right ;)? Hope things are going better for you!