I have been craving peach cobler

Options
Does anyone have a reciepe for a sugar free low cal peach cobler?

I was going to try boiling my peaches in water with splenda (instead of sugar) and then using low cal pie crusts and sprinkle splenda on top and baking it.

Does anyone have a receipe simaliar to this?

Please help!!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    Does anyone have a reciepe for a sugar free low cal peach cobler?

I was going to try boiling my peaches in water with splenda (instead of sugar) and then using low cal pie crusts and sprinkle splenda on top and baking it.

Does anyone have a receipe simaliar to this?

Please help!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Peach Cobbler

1 Cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
    1 1/2 Cups Splenda Granular
    2 (15 oz.) Cans Sliced Delmonte Peaches in Juice
    3/4 Cup Fat Free Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9" pie plate with butter flavored non-stick spray. Drain the peaches, but reserve 1 cup of the juice. Cut each peach slice in half with a knife. Combine the Bisquick, Splenda and reserved peach juice with a wire whisk. Fold in the peaches and pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown all over. Serve warm with 2 tablespoons of fat free cool whip on top of each piece.

Serves: 6
    Per Serving: 172 Calories; 1g Fat (6.9% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 263mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Fat.
    WWP: 3

Crispy Peach Cobbler

2 Tbsp butter
    7 fresh peaches, peeled, sliced and pitted
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 c. whole wheat flour
    1/2 c. all-purpose white flour
    2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup 1% milk

Butter a 9x13 baking dish, about 2 Tbsp. Place sliced peaches in the buttered baking dish. In a bowl, mix sugar, salt, baking powder, flours, cinnamon and milk until you have a doughy consistency. Spoon over peaches. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until dough looks brown and crisp. Serve with a dollop of lite cool whip.

Number of Servings: 12

Calories: 158.2
    Total Fat: 2.3 g
    Cholesterol: 5.7 mg
    Sodium: 104.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 34.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
    Protein: 2.2 g

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=136137
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    thats funny i was just talking to my mom telling her how iwas craving peach cobbler :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thanks HM for the recipe:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    This isn't peach cobbler, but if it's warm, delicious peaches that you're craving,

just slice peaches in half, remove the stone and grill or broil them until they're lightly browned. It releases the natural sugar in the peaches and it is SO good.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    This isn't peach cobbler, but if it's warm, delicious peaches that you're craving,

just slice peaches in half, remove the stone and grill or broil them until they're lightly browned. It releases the natural sugar in the peaches and it is SO good.

Oh, and add cinnamon too - something else that makes food taste sweeter.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options

Mmm.... grilling fruits is the BEST!
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    thats funny i was just talking to my mom telling her how iwas craving peach cobbler :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thanks HM for the recipe:flowerforyou:
    Very welcome:wink:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Aww now I miss my Daddy, that man makes a mean peach cobbler, psttt don't forget the vanilla ice cream on top
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMM......

I'm drooling here...
  • kitty6
    kitty6 Posts: 24
    Options
    My husband's boss sells peaches, so my husband goes up to Colorado to pick up a load for him sometimes, so we always have a bunch of peaches around here. Thanks for the recipes I can't wait to try them:drinker:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome!:bigsmile:
  • monica5237
    Options

I will try this also thank you soooooooooooo much
  • monica5237
    Options
    Peach Cobbler

1 Cup Reduced Fat Bisquick
    1 1/2 Cups Splenda Granular
    2 (15 oz.) Cans Sliced Delmonte Peaches in Juice
    3/4 Cup Fat Free Cool Whip

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9" pie plate with butter flavored non-stick spray. Drain the peaches, but reserve 1 cup of the juice. Cut each peach slice in half with a knife. Combine the Bisquick, Splenda and reserved peach juice with a wire whisk. Fold in the peaches and pour into prepared pie plate. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown all over. Serve warm with 2 tablespoons of fat free cool whip on top of each piece.

Serves: 6
    Per Serving: 172 Calories; 1g Fat (6.9% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 263mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 0 Fat.
    WWP: 3

Crispy Peach Cobbler

2 Tbsp butter
    7 fresh peaches, peeled, sliced and pitted
    1 cup sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 c. whole wheat flour
    1/2 c. all-purpose white flour
    2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/2 cup 1% milk

Butter a 9x13 baking dish, about 2 Tbsp. Place sliced peaches in the buttered baking dish. In a bowl, mix sugar, salt, baking powder, flours, cinnamon and milk until you have a doughy consistency. Spoon over peaches. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until dough looks brown and crisp. Serve with a dollop of lite cool whip.

Number of Servings: 12

Calories: 158.2
    Total Fat: 2.3 g
    Cholesterol: 5.7 mg
    Sodium: 104.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 34.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
    Protein: 2.2 g

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=136137

You are a life saver thank you I will be doing this onight and I will let you guys know if my craving is gone :happy: :bigsmile: