How Many Calories?

kittykat1988
kittykat1988 Posts: 3 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Does everyone have? I'm hoping to lose about 2lbs a week, but I do ALOT of exercise. Maybe 5 times a week for about an hour+. All cardio as well. I've set my calorie limit at 1400. Do you think that is a good amount, especially as I do not eat any of my exercise calories.

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    I would read this post. All that cardio will not be the best.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/220038-info-from-a-personal-trainer-nutritionist-model

also, you should eat some of those calories back. You need to fuel your body and get it through those tough workouts. Eat less = muscle loss, which can make you look "skinny fat"
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    How much do you need to lose? 1 lb is recommended. I was at 2 then switched to 1 and hit a plateau so switched to .5 even. I have lost 18 lbs all together and 1200 calories wasn't enough like MFP said I should do for 2 lbs per week.

1400 Calories seems like a good number as long as it is healthy calories. You can view my diary if you like. I'm at 1500.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Oh and lift weights too...cardio won't get all that fat off. Try a workout DVD even...Jillian, P90X, Insanity, etc
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    If you don't eat your exercise calories then no, it's not a good amount. Your body will go into starvation mode and start burning muscle and hang on to the fat. Go to 1200 calories and eat back whatever you burn. It sounds counterproductive, but that is really the best, healthiest way to burn fat. I bet everyone elce who posts a resopnse will say the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.