pasta

Options
alexa137
alexa137 Posts: 68 Member
ok, its like everytime i see someone cooking on the food channel or even Rachael Ray its always got some kind of pasta in it! i thought that was the worst thing to eat!?!?!? i used to eat it twice a week and now i have cut back to once a week, even though its my favorite! Im even gonna try the whole wheat pasta next time. so if shes eating pasta as much as shes cooking it how does she stay so skinny? also the chinese people, they eat rice everyday! and almost none of them are fat!

Replies

• Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    I started the whole wheat pasta and founc it pretty good. I have no idea about the Chinese people or Rachel Ray. Maybe they are always exercising???
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    they eat rice and lean meats, not much fat in that. Pasta is great, I only eat whole grain (51% whole wheat) or whole wheat. Some people find it "cardboard-y" but I cook mine a few extra minutes and if its in spaghetti or covered in cheese I can't even tell the difference. Pasta is not bad, its simple carbs, mabye bad for the Atkins diet. Remember moderation - eat one serving not 3. LOL
  • sandyw127
    sandyw127 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i eat whole grain pasta. its pretty good.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    We use WW rotini pasta and its real good! I cannot remember the name but the box is brown. haha
  • starboardzor
    Options
    I don't think pasta is so bad. What makes it so high in calories a lot of the time is the sauce. I love pasta, so I pick low calorie sauces! Nothing feels better than pasta for dinner after a hard workout. If it's wrong, I don't wanna be right =)
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    hahah, I eat the whole wheat pasta every time I make some. It's pretty good with sauce of some kind. (if it's just EVOO and spices, you can taste the noodle more) my favorite is to eat it with Pesto, sauteed shallots ans petite peas! Yum. It's not bad, but I cut back on it to a couple times a week also. It's not bad for you, it's just not as nutritional as other dense foods. So it's ok to splurge on the calories with it occasionally if you watch out for the sodium (most jarred sauces contain 600-900 mg sodium!)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love pasta and rice, and have one or the other just about every day!

I get Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta. It has extra protein & fiber. And I mix a little bit of lentils in when I make brown rice.