I'm getting somewhere

Options
So, I'm posting this for myself in hopes of boosting my own morale about my day. Two quick and poorly-planned out choices have left me way over on cals for the day and feeling sluggish and generally awful. SOOOOO.... I wanted to post to remind myself of the fact that I'm actually doing well and getting somewhere!

When I look at my ticker, I'm pretty much in the YELLOW now! Not in the red, barely even in the orange! I'm only a few weeks away from hitting my half way point. Everyone is noticing a big difference in my appearance and I have no clothes in my closet that fit. And are too BIG for a change! lol

I'm eating really really regularly (rather than the 1-2 times a day I used to!) and actually getting enough calories now. I've made some tiny changes and taken hundreds of milligrams a day of sodium out of my body and I get more fibre now than before by far! I sleep better, I have much more energy, my TRICEPS are toned again (yeah!) and I've even recommitted to a career path I have always been passionate about (but was too ashamed to consider re-joining due to my own lack of fitness) - Personal Training. I've also made massive strides in shifting my relationship with food to one of healthy enjoyment and nutrition while watching the unhealthy emotional attachment fade significantly. That is a HECK of a lot to be able to say in the course of 8 little weeks.

So I didn't have the best day today. Know what? I'm doing a damned good job. I'm getting somewhere with this and I'll keep doing so. I had 70lbs to lose in mid June and now it's down to 42.

Thanks for listening. We all have our rough days :heart:

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    So, I'm posting this for myself in hopes of boosting my own morale about my day. Two quick and poorly-planned out choices have left me way over on cals for the day and feeling sluggish and generally awful. SOOOOO.... I wanted to post to remind myself of the fact that I'm actually doing well and getting somewhere!

When I look at my ticker, I'm pretty much in the YELLOW now! Not in the red, barely even in the orange! I'm only a few weeks away from hitting my half way point. Everyone is noticing a big difference in my appearance and I have no clothes in my closet that fit. And are too BIG for a change! lol

I'm eating really really regularly (rather than the 1-2 times a day I used to!) and actually getting enough calories now. I've made some tiny changes and taken hundreds of milligrams a day of sodium out of my body and I get more fibre now than before by far! I sleep better, I have much more energy, my TRICEPS are toned again (yeah!) and I've even recommitted to a career path I have always been passionate about (but was too ashamed to consider re-joining due to my own lack of fitness) - Personal Training. I've also made massive strides in shifting my relationship with food to one of healthy enjoyment and nutrition while watching the unhealthy emotional attachment fade significantly. That is a HECK of a lot to be able to say in the course of 8 little weeks.

So I didn't have the best day today. Know what? I'm doing a damned good job. I'm getting somewhere with this and I'll keep doing so. I had 70lbs to lose in mid June and now it's down to 42.

Thanks for listening. We all have our rough days :heart:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a big YEY YOU!!! For all your hard work thus far!!! So hop back on the wagon, do a good run or something tonight and drink tons of water. YOU KEEP IT UP GIRLIE!!!
  • barefootfairy19
    Options
    your post made me cry! thanks:blushing: