Best time of day to exercise?

Options
Okay I was wondering is there a certain time of day that one can exercise and get the most out of it? and should I exercise in the morning before I start eating for the day or at night when Im done eating for the day?

It may help if I explain my situation. I am a stay at home house wife and don't do much physical exercise aside from house work. and walking my dogs in the afternoons. I don't eat a whole lot or anything and almost no junk food but still maintain a 220 on the scale and am hoping to get down to what I was in highschool which was 160.

Also is it best to set small goals for myself. like 10 lbs at a time or look at the big picture. Well anyway sorry for all the questions but everyone seems to know so much and know exactly the right direction to go and Im a lil new to this and any advice will be appreciated! THX IN ADVANCE FREINDS!:heart:

Replies

• barefootfairy19
    Options
    Okay I was wondering is there a certain time of day that one can exercise and get the most out of it? and should I exercise in the morning before I start eating for the day or at night when Im done eating for the day?

It may help if I explain my situation. I am a stay at home house wife and don't do much physical exercise aside from house work. and walking my dogs in the afternoons. I don't eat a whole lot or anything and almost no junk food but still maintain a 220 on the scale and am hoping to get down to what I was in highschool which was 160.

Also is it best to set small goals for myself. like 10 lbs at a time or look at the big picture. Well anyway sorry for all the questions but everyone seems to know so much and know exactly the right direction to go and Im a lil new to this and any advice will be appreciated! THX IN ADVANCE FREINDS!:heart:
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I exercise when I can, with three kids I don't always get to do it until they go to bed! I try to get it done in the morning and around naptime (1:00 pm). If I have to do it before bed I am not able to fall asleep very well! I think you'll notice that when you add in cardio and weights you'll start dropping those pounds! I hope that helped you. I am not an expert by any means though! LOL!

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    The best time to exercise is whatever time works best for you! Seriously, there are a ton of theories about morning, night, etc. The point is - the time doesn't matter as much as actually DOING it.

Studies have shown that people are more likely to continue an exercise program if they do it first thing in the morning - getting it over with kind of thing.

But if you are not a morning person, and you KNOW you will not be able to get up at 5 AM to exercise everyday - then set up something that does work for you.

I personally workout in the AM before breakfast - works for me (I have three kids too - they are my motivation because if I don't leave before they wake up - I'm as good as stuck for a couple hours and late for work! :laugh: Poor hubby has kiddo duty in the AM....:smokin: )