Guilt Free Chile Rellenos - YAY!!!!

Options
Rangerz
Rangerz Posts: 12 Member
Ok, so I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE chile rellenos and needed to have one. I searched and searched for a low cal version but had little success. I came up with this concoction and I swear they taste nearly identical to my favorite full cal rellenos. My version came to 88 calories each. The recipe below made 3 chile rellenos.

Small can whole green chilies (3 per can)
1.5 ounces shredded cheese
2 egg whites
1 egg yolk
El Pato (Hot Tomato Sauce)
Tomato Sauce

Rinse/Dry Chiles and cut in half. Wrap one chile around a half ounce of cheese. Place cheese side up in muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam. Repeat with two remaining chilies. Drizzle over equal parts (or to taste, I like mine spicy) hot tomato sauce and tomato sauce, about 2 Tbsps worth per muffin tin.

Beat two egg whites until stiff peaks form then fold in egg yolk. Top each chile with dollop of egg mixture. It should look like a big fluffy muffin and you will likely only use about a 1/3 of your prepared egg mixture. Lightly spray tops with Pam.

Bake at 350 until heated through and browned on top, about 10-12 min. I pressed the top of egg mixture with a spatula about half way through to make the “coating” denser.

Hope you enjoy, I know I did! :happy:

Replies