hamburger patty

Options
so question, if I input a frozen hamburger patty it comes out to 330 calories and 28g fat. This is before its cooked right? So if i grill a patty and drain as much fat off as I possibly can, then how much fat and calories do you think it retains?

Replies

• RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Great question!! I would like to know as well!! Doesn't it say on the back of the package you got it out of? Or did you pre make them and freeze them yourself?
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    so question, if I input a frozen hamburger patty it comes out to 330 calories and 28g fat. This is before its cooked right? So if i grill a patty and drain as much fat off as I possibly can, then how much fat and calories do you think it retains?

I'm pretty sure they aren't thinking you're going to eat it raw. I'd just input it and count it as it is.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't guess the amount of fat you are eliminating. I would count the full count, personally.

A better choice would be a turkey burger, yum!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't guess the amount of fat you are eliminating. I would count the full count, personally.

Black bean burgers are great too!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    IT is actually refering to the kind of patti you are using not that you are going to eat it raw. So if you are using a frozen pattie then when you cook it and eat it then it will be at the 330 calories you stated. Everything that is frozen and gives you calories is talking about how you would actually eat it. What would be the point of it to list calories for food that is still frozen, How on earth would we know what we were eating.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    The information on the patty box is for a cooked patty, not a raw one. I'm voting for the turkey burger thing, or make your own patties using lean ground beef.

Oh, or Murray's Organic Chicken Patties - SOOOOO YUMMY!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

Nah, ground meat is fine.
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Try turkey burgers. You didn't specify if it was ground beef or turkey.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    They are sometimes hard to find but I found frozen patties that were 96/4, each patty was 180 calories and 5 fat. Most of what is out there seems to be 15-27% fat but be determined and you can find a 4% and I think they taste better too!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

I agree. A lot of those turkey, veggie and black bean burgers have a ton of sodium in them. Why do people think red meat is so bad for humans. We have been eating red meat for hundreds of thousands of years.
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    ok thanks for your comments! I'm a big fan of red meat :) and plus there is no way I could ever get my husband to eat a turkey burger, lol he calls it fake meat :)-
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options

I agree. A lot of those turkey, veggie and black bean burgers have a ton of sodium in them. Why do people think red meat is so bad for humans. We have been eating red meat for hundreds of thousands of years.

They're only full of sodium if you don't make it yourself. And I'm pretty sure no one in this thread said they were bad for us. I'm a big fan of red meat, but I also like to switch it up.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    BISON BURGERS! So delicious, so nutritious, and talk about going back to our roots! Make sure you buy grass fed. Yum! Check out how it stacks up:

Per 100 GRAM SERVING – COOKED MEAT

SPECIES FAT CALORIES CHOLESTEROL IRON VITAMIN B-12
    Bison: 2.42 143 82 3.42 2.86
    Beef (choice): 10.15 219 86 2.99 2.65
    Beef (Select): 8.09 201 86 2.99 2.64
    Pork: 9.66 212 86 1.1 0.75
    Chicken (Skinless): 7.41 190 89 1.21 0.33
    Sockeye Salmon: 10.97 216 87 0.55 5.80

(Source: http://www.buffalohillsbisonmeat.com/nutritional_information.php)