P90X? Anyone have any Feed Back?

Options
I'm thinking of getting P90X do any of you have feed back on it?

Replies

• biattah
    biattah Posts: 3
    Options
    it's very good but expensive. and, it's the yoga part that seems to kick everyone's butt. if you can find some good yoga classes or videos it might be just as good for much less money. i know a lot of my friends swear by it and might disagree with me. see what others think.
  • Britt22706
    Options
    One word...AMAZING!!

You may be sore a few times of doing a few of the workouts, but seeing as you never work the same thing two days in a row, it is great for recovery!!

Good luck! You're going to need it! ;-)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    IT'S A BLAST & AN AWESOME INVESTMENT...! :happy:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Great program.

I've done it 5x's between P90X and P90X/Insanity hybrids. I'm at the point in my fitness where I don't need to do it anymore so I've moved on to my first love, short/intense Crossfit-type compound movement workouts.

"Expensive" is relative. How much would you pay for a gym membership or a personal trainer? Broken down, it's not all that expensive.

I'd highly recommend P90X but work at YOUR pace until your fitness level adapts. Good luck whichever route you choose to go.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I've done P90x or a variation of it 4 times. Love the program, although I cannot stand the yoga and substitute more cardio for it, and the results were great, would have been even better had I followed the nutrition plan.
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    I'm thinking of getting P90X do any of you have feed back on it?

I am doing the P90X classic program now. It has been an amazing program for me! Someone stated earlier that people seem to have trouble with the Yoga portion. While that is true, P90X is not just a difficult yoga program. :smile:

P90X is a full body program that incorporates your entire body. It is one of the few programs that also includes a nutrition/ diet portion that helps you transform your body.

(Sorry, I just realized I sound like a commercial! LOL)

As for my experience, it totally works. There are days when I am looking forward to getting my butt kicked by Tony. If you need any more info, feel free to ask! :smile:
  • warren2882
    Options
    P90X is amazing. If you do these exercises youwill be in fantastic shape. And the cost is minimal if you consider it over the course of just 1 cycle. The best routines I have ever tried.:happy:
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Get it! Do it! I'm only finishing up my fourth week but so far I'm very impressed. I've lost 4 lbs, lost an inch off my waist and another inch off my hips (and I haven't even measured anything else yet). I have more energy and I can already see major muscle improvement. I think it's a great program!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am on my 3rd week and I love it!!! Didn't think I would survive, but adapt to it, and Tony mentions through out to go at your own pace. I would say go for it! It is a big time comittment... and there is pain involved.... but I am looking at the long term and how much stronger and fitter I will be.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    Love the program and have learned that the Yoga is best routine in the bunch.
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Get on the p90X. You will not regret it! You'll have workouts on DVD so you use the for years to come. Yoga is NOT the hardest workout physically in P90X. Yoga is challenging for most people because its different and most people have NEVER done a workout like and that's why it works!

Best of luck on your decision!
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Excellent program! Very much worth the money. The key is sticking to it (as with any workout program). Hold out through the pain and it will make all the difference.

Though I did not stick with it, it taught me a lot about myself and working out. And you learn a lot about your body. I have it still and hope to try and start it back up again soon and hopefully do the entire program this time.
  • gomelgo
    gomelgo Posts: 1
    Options
    The work out is great, very challenging but the music stinks and after the first time I would just wear my ipod. I also didn't care for the pauses between the exercises.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Do it!!! I am in week 11 and i am seeing great results BUT i cant stand Tony Horten!!!!!! And i also hate yoga x not because its hard but because it is too damn long!!! With having said all that i am looking forward to round 2 :-)
  • Lyndam
    Lyndam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've done the full 90 days and it's pretty good. Tony Horton is irritating but you are able to just use his cues and not have to listen to him blabber.
  • bmelained
    Options
    I just bought it and couldn't make it through the first work out. Any tips for sticking with it? I know tons of people who have tried it and have fantastic success. I'm willing to give it another go, for sure it kicks your butt.
  • julievspad
    Options
    I've heard lots of good feed back on that program or some program like it. (There are a couple of Psomething programs out there. If you really stick to the program, you will get results... It is hard work, but that's why there are results!
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have it and it works if you stick with it. I made it thru the first 90 day round and had great results, then kinda fell off the wagon for a few months. I've gotten back to using the DVD's again but I'm only doing 3 or 4 days a week & walking on alternate days. This just seems to work better for me.

As far as not getting thru the full routine, I'd say try starting out doing 30 min and build up on your time from there. That's what I did.
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love it and think it is worth every penny. I had the opportunity to use some copied disks. I'm not into theft, so I purchased it myself. It is worth it, I am worth it AND YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
  • ninertaz
    ninertaz Posts: 2
    Options
    I've started day one and I can really tell that it will kick my behind!!! Since I travel often, i think the hardest part will be to find a routine that I'll be able to stick too... I also know a few people who have done the program and have seen great results...